• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bakershalfdozen

What part do you sing?

[quote="Bakershalfdozen"]
Do you know the song, O The Deep, Deep Love of Jesus.

The first time I heard that song, it was played on a violin. It was so lovely!

The words are amazing as well.
[/quote]

I am looking for this song in Living Hymns but am not seeing it. That is very surprising to me considering what a glorious song it is. It is in Great Hymns, I'll try to copy it over here.

[quote]

The first time I heard that song, it was played on a violin. It was so lovely!

The words are amazing as well.
[/quote]

That is truly incredible, indeed. :D :D :D That [b]is also how I first heard it[/b]. It was played by a lady in a church we used to attend. She had two masters degrees in music, majoring in violin. One major was violin composition, and the other was orchestra development for string ensembles.

[quote]
If you start jumping the virtual pews I'm outta here!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Hehehehehehehe, that is too funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry, I don't do that. :D :D

For me, it is just to stand in awe of the Power, Majesty, and Glory of God for all of His goodness, and giving us the gift of music. :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

[quote]
[/quote]

As good a hymnal as [b][u]Living Hymns [/u][/b]is, it doesn't have that song, nor does it have [b]Praise Ye the Triune God[/b], [b]Seeking the Lost[/b], or [b]Praise Ye the Father[/b] (alternate tune). In the back of [b][u]Living Hymns [/u][/b]there is a section called [i]Add a Song[/i]. We can paste in songs that are not in the book.

You copy over that one, Bakers-6, and I'm going to copy over [b]Praise Ye the Triune God[/b]. :D

Hi Everybody,

Here is a truly worshipful and amazingly beautiful song. Give it a try on your piano, or if you are [i][b]"pitch-perfect"[/b][/i] like the daughter of a friend of mine, you can just read-sing it.

[url=http://img243.echo.cx/my.php?image=praiseyethetriunegod3mo.jpg][img]http://img243.echo.cx/img243/4165/praiseyethetriunegod3mo.th.jpg[/img][/url]

This is from [u][b]Great Hymns of the Faith[/b][/u].

This is another song that lends itself quite well to violin, quartets (ladies' and men's), and ensembles.

Do any of you know [b]Praise God From whom all Blessings Flow[/b]?

From the [u][b]Mennonite Hymnal[/b][/u]::::::::::::::

The song actually consumes[b] three pages[/b].

[b]First Page:::[/b]

[url=http://img244.echo.cx/my.php?image=praisegodfromwhomallblessingsf.jpg][img]http://img244.echo.cx/img244/6387/praisegodfromwhomallblessingsf.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[b]Second Page:::[/b]

[url=http://img244.echo.cx/my.php?image=praisegodfromwhomallblessingsf1.jpg][img]http://img244.echo.cx/img244/4145/praisegodfromwhomallblessingsf1.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[b]Third Page:::[/b]

[url=http://img244.echo.cx/my.php?image=praisegodfromwhomallblessingsf2.jpg][img]http://img244.echo.cx/img244/6061/praisegodfromwhomallblessingsf2.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Hehehehe, now just tell me if that isn't the most beautiful rendition/arrangement of [b]The Doxology[/b] that you've ever seen or heard. :D :D

Guest Guest
I never thought someone could get that much mileage out of the doxology!

I'm an alto, but don't sing much due to playing the piano.

I can sing alto/soprano/lead but usually, whatever I can, according to the song.I have a bad habit, of mixing the alto and soprano :roll: I use to only sing soprano, buuuuut at our former church, the ppl who sang in the group could sing different parts, and sooooo....*sigh* lol, they worked it into meh, to sing where I could fall in.I can hear the harmony, as well as the music.Weird eh?lol it's hard to explain.... :wink:

I sing bass most of the time in choir... but i can sing the tenor notes... and sometimes i can sing alto... (im in an all guys quartet and i try to sing alto for most songs since we have an awesome bass and my brother sings lead/ tenor and another friend sings tenor/ lead) i guess i have a decent range or something.. although i have to work lots at tenor or alto.. and it is nearly out of my range, but im trying to increase that... but bass is what my voice is natrually. :)

Living Hymns skips alot of the good old songs.

I get so frustrated, so many church folks don't know more than maybe 30-40 hymns out of the hundreds in the books! I am thankful I have been in churches that are not afraid to teach new hymns, but then I want to play them for our church and nobody knows them. :lol:

I love that song "O the deep, deep love of Jesus"...gorgeous sounding song, I love the minor keys... I also love " The Sands of Time are Sinking".

Oh and I am an alto, and sometimes tenor if needed, but mostly play piano for the time being, although I miss singing in choir sometimes.

[quote]
I get so frustrated, so many church folks don't know more than maybe 30-40 hymns out of the hundreds in the books!
[/quote]

I agree, Kitagrl.

It gets incredibly "old" to have 824 songs and not to be able to learn new ones in church. My family and I remedy that by doing it ourselves in our family devotions. I know what you mean when you say that [b]Living Hymns[/b] missed some really good songs, but to their credit, they do have that [i]Add-a Song[/i] feature in the back wherein we can add our own favorites. All things being equal though, it's the best book I've seen for comprehensive, all around collections of really good songs and repertoire of stanzas.

I don't sing in my church choir, but I am a low bass (My highest note without any falsetto is D below middle C). However, I am currently singing tenor in my school choir because I have a good enough falsetto to be able to sing most of the notes. My voice is usually pretty tired for the rest of the day. :? :lol:

I sing alto if I know the alto part. If not, I try to sing soprano or "second" soprano. Thankfully I took piano lessons for six years, so at least I don't have a problem reading music (or not a big problem, anyway :D ).

[quote]
i sing bass and the chior director is always reminding me that singing bass isnt just singing low you have to sing the notes on the page :roll:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

I'm pretty much a second soprano too.I'm not much of a singer because I'm the piano player but everyonce in awhile I do but not usually in a specific part.But if you were to listen to my voice and my range you'd prob say second sop.
Boy I can babble!LoL!

I love to sing the high parts and I have been singing soprano for a few years. I did start out as an alto (I liked singing - and still do - the low notes as well). I sang tenor in one song in high school choir.. 3 altos actually helped the tenors out in that song..
I just love to sing!

Ok lets see

A solo you can't hear me on that hill far away :lol:

I have no clue about music ,I might be able to carry a tune in a bucket .

Hmm is a monatone a singing part ? If so thats what I have been told I am .

Oh well maybe one day in Heaven God will give me a wonderful singing voice .