• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bakershalfdozen

What part do you sing?

Guest Guest
Ok this is funny, cause I don't sing anything special. I always wanted to but then I would be laughed at

I sing the crazy loud women in the back part, that is ok cause God likes it, I think :cool:

Guest Guest
[quote]
I believe in literal translation when the Bible says, "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord." Sing to the Lord, not to men.
[/quote]

So Do I honey, My husband will vouch that I have the JoyFUL Noise down pat :mrgreen:

I got kicked out of choir in 6th grade cause the teacher couldn't figure out what noise I was making

"Deep Down in My Heart" with A.B.C. ensemble reunion in Spring '04.

High speed (2.3 mb)
[url=http://host.yes-i-believe.com/~sermons/music/Deep%20Down%20High%20Band.mp3]high quality[/url]

Dial-up (450 kb)
[url=http://host.yes-i-believe.com/~sermons/music/Deep%20Down%20Low%20Band.mp3]low quality[/url]

Four part harmony::: Bass

Eight part harmony::: Second Bass

Middle C is incredibly torturous, but E under the bass clef is pure comfort indeed (and with as much volume as required). :D

Now this is where you and hubby differ: he takes the high road and you take the low road. :lol:

He is a tenor and can hit a "G" above middle C.

As for myself, I am a mezzo soprano so I can't sing really high. Soprano is my favorite part but I can also sing 2nd soprano and alto. The tenor line is too low for me to sing but I like to raise it an octave every now and again if it fits with the song.

[quote]
Now this is where you and hubby differ: he takes the high road and you take the low road.

He is a tenor and can hit a "G" above middle C.
[/quote]

Just look at the harmony we could make. :D :D

[quote]
LG - we just need one more to have the "Three Basses". Those 3 Tenors would have nothing on us.
[/quote]

And that's a fact, Tarheel.

Can you just imagine the great harmony if we could get those three tenors, three altos, three sopranos (and one more bass :D )??? We could make the whole building tremble.

Consider a song like #148 in [b]Living Hymns[/b]:::::::

It lends itself quite well to four part harmony. The chorus sounds like a dialog. It is astoundingly beautiful. :D :D

[url=http://img98.echo.cx/my.php?image=file00022gt.jpg][img]http://img98.echo.cx/img98/1068/file00022gt.th.jpg[/img][/url]

:clap:

Oh yes indeedy!!!

One of our favorites.

Also consider: #s 31 [u]O Could I Speak the Matchless Worth[/u] and #76 [u]Great God of Wonders[/u]. #76 is especially astounding when sung by an all-male ensemble or choir; it has a lovely running bass line in the chorus. It is truly a majestic song!

[quote]
:clap:

Oh yes indeedy!!!

One of our favorites.

Also consider: #s 31 O Could I Speak the Matchless Worth and #76 Great God of Wonders. #76 is especially astounding when sung by an all-male ensemble or choir; it has a lovely running bass line in the chorus. It is truly a majestic song!
[/quote]

YOWZA!!! We do think alike, I [b]love those songs.[/b] :clap: :clap: :clap:

Add to that list the following::::::::::::::::

All Hail The Mighty Power of God.

Crown Him With Many Crowns.

All Hail The Power.

Holy, Holy, Holy.

Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise.

Alleluia, Sing To Jesus (#30)

I sing the Mighty Power of God.

Awwwww, ya know what, I'm actually copying the Hymnal, here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is what I meant when I made the statement about these songs being full of deep meaning and content. :D

WOW!!! This thread is turning into a real Hymn-sing and promoting [size=18][b]joy unspeakable and full of glory[/b][/size].

I think I'm fixinto have a real Bapticostal experience. :lol: :lol: j/k. :D

[quote]
Add to that list the following::::::::::::::::

All Hail The Mighty Power of God.

Crown Him With Many Crowns.

All Hail The Power.

Holy, Holy, Holy.

Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise.

Alleluia, Sing To Jesus (#30)

I sing the Mighty Power of God.
[/quote]

and...

Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee

Arise, My Soul, Arise!

Be Thou Exalted

And Can It Be

Our church used Great Hymns of the Faith and in that beautiful, glorious song [u]And Can It Be[/u], that hymnal leaves out a part of every verse for space's sake. :cry:

I appreciate so much the fact that Al Smith tried to include every verse in the songs he chose. So many hymnals leave out some of the verses for the sake of space. So that is another thing we can learn by enjoying this lovely hymnal - more verses to our hymns of the Faith.

If you call what I do singing, then I sing alto in the choir. I'm usually right next to one of the loud tenors, so he usually drowns me out, which is a good thing :-).

Ramba29

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.