• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Come on's

Guest Guest

• Members

Once, at work, I overheard one of the guys say they were going fishing. I mentioned how I enjoy fishing, etc. The guy was surprised to hear a woman who liked fishing, proceeded to hit on me and started asking about if I also cook and clean too, lol. I said 'I do for my husband'. He backed off. Everyone thought it was funny that I said that :-P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

In my office, I have all kinds of photos of my husband, so people are aware that I am married as soon as they walk in. With my co-workers, I talk about my hubby all the time. And he's met a good many, so they know we are happily married. I also have pictures of my soldier son in my office, in case they don't get the hint. :nuts:

• Members

On the rare occasions when I find myself working or volunteering around some women that don't really know me I look for opportunities to mention my wife. If they say something to me about food I might use that to make a comment about my wife's cooking (a good comment!). That's just an example, there are so many ways to fit something about our spouse into a conversation if we look for them. Doing this makes it clear we are married and if we are talking positvely about our spouse and often that also makes it clear we are pleased with our spouse. This is helpful because for some women, seeing a wedding ring isn't enough to keep them from thinking of making a move. The same is true for some guys as well.

• Members

I never have any ladies hit on me and I'm not married. A lot of this has to do with the fact that I hardly ever go anyplace and I work nights primarily alone. In my life I've probably have had more men hit on me then women. When I was younger this was very disconcerting to me and made me think "what's up?" until I found out that this is common for a lot of men. Even my brother said this was a common experience for him and he even had his doctor come on to him once and the doctor claimed to be a Christian and was a deacon of his Baptist church at one time. I think married men actually get flirted with by women more than unmarried men do.

If you start talking about God or about your spouse they usually will get the message and leave you alone.

Edited by Wilchbla

• Members

To some people "old lady" is an affectionate term.

A cuss word could be an affectionate term as well between a wife and husband. I'm sure there are exceptions but have a hard time believing a woman actually wants to be called "old lady". At least not from her husband who could easily change his affectionate term for her to something nicer. Also, don't think it reflects well on a Christian to non-Christians when they continuously refer to their wife/sweetheart/bride as old lady.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...