• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Flourgirl

Whats for Supper...

Veggie meal last night I see. Does it feel you up?

Yes. My wife has been a vegetarian for over 70 years, since she was a baby, in fact, when she couldn't digest meat or fish fats. She has no problem with being filled up. Edited by Invicta

Vegetable and lamb stew.

We have the visiting preacher and his wife coming for lunch on Sunday and I am trying to think what to do. Probably roast chichen and roast vegetables, but I am still thinking.

Vegetable and lamb stew.

We have the visiting preacher and his wife coming for lunch on Sunday and I am trying to think what to do. Probably roast chichen and roast vegetables, but I am still thinking.

That sounds good, but do not forget the starch.

That sounds good, but do not forget the starch.

No I didn't

Melon slices, then Roast Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Roast Parsnips, steamed new potatoes, carrots, french beans and celery, followed by Raspberry brulée tart from Tesco.

For my wife I did Shallot, leek, celery and mushroom, fried gently to soften, them added a little vegetable stock granules, some left over cannellini beans leftover from something I did a couple of days ago, cant remember what, some double cream, then put it in a small casserole put it in the oven for ½ hour.

That certainly filled us all up. Edited by Invicta

Sausage and Scramble eggs, along with homemade biscuits.

We like scrambled eggs we add chopped chives and serve with Lea & Perrins Worcester Sauce for me and a vegetarian Worcester Sauce for my wife and my daughters when they come as they are allergic to fish.

Today we had home made French bread pizzas and salad.

Hot wings and BBQ wings with blue cheese dressing.

Honey Glazed BBQ and rippled potato chips.

Chocolate fondue with pretzels, bananas, and brownies.

Mt. Dew, Root Beer, and Grape soda.

:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

I'm feeling hungry.

Roast lamb, roast potatoes, peas and chantenay carrots, followed by apple and blackberry crumble, at our church seniors lunch.I did Leeks and potatoes in a chese sauce (Poirot au gratin), EDIT sorry not Hercule, should read Poireax. as well as mushrooms, tomatoes and peppers for my wife. Next week it will be our Christmas lunch, turkey etc. We charge £2 about $3 for the meal, but next week will be free as we had a donation from the family of a former member who died recently.

Edited by Invicta

We had toasted sandwiches for lunch and for supper I had a side of salmonn with a baked potato and vegetables. I bought the salmon frozen and it was only when I went to cook it that I noticed it was pacific salmon from China. Anyway, it makes room in our freezer for a Scottish salmon that are ½ price in Tesco. I can buy a whole one and they will fillet it and skin it then I can bung it in the freezer for when the family come.

I have had to come back and confess sin, my daughter said the Frito Pie was so good it was sinful . smug.gif

What is frito?

I did fish and vegetable stew and lentil and vegetable stew for my wife,

I got to looking at some of the labels of the food and noticed its origin.

Cod loins - Alaska
Salmon - Scotland
Smoked haddock - UK
Prawns - Thailand
Courgettes - Spain
Onions - UK
Leeks - UK
Long red peppers - Israel
Celery - spain
Red Lentils - India
Celeriac - UK
Saffron - Iran
Tomato - Spain
Mushrooms - Ireland
Long grain rice - Product of more than one country.
Knorr Fish stock granules - Italy
Knorr fish stock cubes - UK
Knorr vegetable stock gel - UK Edited by Invicta