• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Flourgirl

Whats for Supper...

Lamb steak in a three peppers sauce, steamed new potatoes, runner beans, carrots and celery, left over cauliflower cheese.

Sounds delicious ! How do you fix your ``new potatoes ``? Just steam them ina double boiler? I LOVE new potatoes ! Just never learned how to cook em ! The way I always ate them it seemed they were steamed then browned in a skillet . But never found anyone to give me verification .Mom passed away before I could ask HER .

Sounds delicious ! How do you fix your ``new potatoes ``? Just steam them ina double boiler? I LOVE new potatoes ! Just never learned how to cook em ! The way I always ate them it seemed they were steamed then browned in a skillet . But never found anyone to give me verification .Mom passed away before I could ask HER .

I use an electric steamer for all my vegetables. There are only two of us now and my wife is a vegetarian, so we buy a selection of vegetables and put a few of each in the steamer. It does have separators but we don't use them. This is the model. http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-4168.aspx I have had it for about 4 years but didn't get it from Tesco.

I used to grow my own potatoes but since we moved here and our soil is heavy clay and I have reached my dotage, also known as geezerhood, I no longer do that. At present I buy a variety known as Sofia which are

Humus and pitta bread.

Invicta,thanks for the recipes ! Sounds great ! And turning the leftover new potatoes into tater salad sounds even greater !
Another question if I may ? What is ``humus ``?I believe its some kind of vegitable or green maybe ? Anyway I LOVE all greens and sounds like something my wife and I would like! I always think of DANIEL when eating greens because thats what he requested instead of the Kings perverted meat . HAAHAA !

In Christ

Crockpot beef and carrot stew, mashed potatoes, peas, and home made cookies.

I was thinking of doing that on Friday when a friend is due to come, but he probably won't so it will last me several days.

Today we went to a funeral so had an early lunch, trout fillets and chips.

This afternoon we had refreshments at church after the funeral.

Invicta,thanks for the recipes ! Sounds great ! And turning the leftover new potatoes into tater salad sounds even greater !
Another question if I may ? What is ``humus ``?I believe its some kind of vegitable or green maybe ? Anyway I LOVE all greens and sounds like something my wife and I would like! I always think of DANIEL when eating greens because thats what he requested instead of the Kings perverted meat . HAAHAA !

In Christ

Hummus or Hummous is mainly chick peas

Recipes here http://mideastfood.about.com/od/middleeasternfood101/a/hummus101.htm

Crockpot chili made with stew beef, and fettuccine alfredo, green beans, and home made cookies.

Do you have the recipe for your Crockpot chili? I would like to try it sometime.

Today I had left over chicken for lunch and for supper.

I used a pound of stew beef cut in 1" chunks, a can of whole tomatoes, cut up, a can of medium heat chili beans, a clove of garlic minced, and a small onion, chopped. I also put in a little pepper, and some chili powder. I browned the beef a little in some oil. I put the tomatoes, beans, garlic and onion and seasonings in a 3-1/2 -4 qt crockpot. Added the beef, stirred it all and cooked it for 5 hours on high. I thought it might be thick and chunky, but it was a bit soupy. That is okay though. I like chili soup, and my hubby likes thick chili, so I drained the juice off his portion. There is very little of it left!

Sounds yummy.

I was hoping you may use fresh chillies as I have some in the freezer which I didn't know what to do with. I will try it soon.

Today we had shepherd's pie, which I froze at the new year.

A week or so ago, our local Sainsburys supermarket were giving all shoppers two plastic storage boxes to encourage us to use leftovers. We always do as we were brought up in the war when waste was considered a crime.

A recent TV programme said that in the UK it was estimated that up to 50% of food sold is wasted. People buy special offers but don't use them.

On the other hand there is waste at the supermarkets. There are people who call themselves "Fregans" who go to the back of supermarkets and retrieve food that has been thrown away. On one TV programme, one of these people took a reporter to the back of some stores and showed them some of the perfectly usable food which has been discarded. Our Tesco store does not do that, the run it through a compacter, so it cannot be re-used. It something has a best before, display until or use
by date, they will not sell it after that date, even by 1 minute. The store opens 24 hours.