Online Baptist

Whats for Supper...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey grandpa...what's fer supper?   Sauteed chicken Fryin' in the pan Just a li'l pepper Shook from a can Sliced up purdy A work of art And corn on the cOB Fresh from Walmart   yuuuum yuuuuu

Homemade tacos tonight.  

fried chicken fried squash from my garden mashed potato's and green beans from last years garden with cornbread and iced tea and a whole lot of thanking the lord.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Baked Tilapia, au gratin potatoes, broccoli, salad

Brunswick stew, Baked Tilapia? I have not heard of these but they sound interesting.

Today I made a fish pie, Salmon, Cod, Smoked Haddock, Prawns, hard boiled eggs, in cheese sauce, topped with garlic mashed potatoes with crème fraîche. Served with fine beans and sugar snap peas.
  • Lady Administrators

Talapia is a mild fish. I don't usually do anything fancy with it - just bake it with a little salt added. I make a homemade tartar sauce (the most recent is mayonnaise mixed with a sweet/spicy red pepper relish) so plain fish is best. It's actually quite good.

Tonight: onion burgers. One of my hubby's favorites, and so easy. Brown the ground beef, drain the fat, and add french onion soup (no water necessary). We use a variety of breads, but small french rolls are really good - whatever toppings are desired and it's good to go...and delicious.

• Advanced Member

Sounds good. The onion soup, is it instant soup? Cup-a-soup thing?

Today I had left over fish pie, same again tomorrow. Actually I made it specially for today as we attend our senior's lunch at church and they had roast pork today and I don't eat pork so I took my own lunch.

Edited by Invicta
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Slow-smoked pork barbecue (is there any other kind?), with homemade fries, baked beans, and salad. A little bit of the South here in Iowa. I even conjured a mustard-based sauce and a vinegar-based sauce. Yummy! Since we were having guests, I also prepared the glorified ketchup most of the world calls barbecue sauce.

Nothing left over.

• Advanced Member

Asparagus, with French dressing and French bread.

English Asparagus is in season now and that is the best. Better still from my garden, but I have only had two spears so far. Makes a change from getting it from Peru or Mexico.

When I was in France last week they had it from Spain and Italy. Spanish was cheaper. In France it is mostly white or violet Asparagus, although green exists, but we have only green, usually.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

We had the visiting preacher and his wife to lunch today. I did chicken breast slices in a jar of Chicken Tonight Creamy French Country sauce (I pepped it up a bit with some strips of smoked bacon) with roast potatoes, carrots, celery and green beans followed by Tarte au Citron and cream.