• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

beans and rice with cornbread tonight.

Scroodles and meatballs is easy - just follow the pkg direction to boil the water and cook the pasta. Meatballs are just ground turkey pinched and rolled into little bite sized pieces and added to the boiling water. When the pasta is cooked, drain the water out and pour in a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce.

• Members

I'm going to cook some Filipino food for some of my church friends at my house later on tonight. Chicken Adobo and Lumpia. Lumpia is like eggrolls, but tastier IMO!

Lumpia - as appetizers

3 lbs ground pork
1 can water chestnuts, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb peeled fresh shrimp, chopped
3 big onions, chopped
3 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
Menlo lumpia wrapper

Combine all ingredients. Place 2 tablespoons of mixed ingredients in the middle of the lumpia wrapper then fold in both ends and roll - seal with water. Heat oil in wok or skillet - fry until wrapper is golden brown. Serve hot with chili sauce.

Chicken Adobo - Main dish

1 whole chicken - cut into small pieces
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 whole garlic chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

Combine all ingredients, bring to a boil, simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Serve with rice. Enjoy!

Love,
Madeline

• Members

Fruit Soup

1/2 cup dried apricots
1/4 cup dark raisins
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup diced fresh peaches
2 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
4 cups apple cider
2 cups of mixed chopped fresh fruit, such as plums, strawberries, apricots, blueberries, nectarines and/or oranges.

Place the dried apricots, dark and golden raisins and peaches in a deep saucepan. Add the water and the cinnamon stick. Simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until the dried fruits are soft. Remove the cinnamon stick. Pour the fruit mixture into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Pour the puree back into the saucepan. Put cinnamon stick back and add the apple cider, and simmer until hot. Add the mixed fresh fruits and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the fruits are very soft. Remove the cinnamon stick. Let it chill for about 2 hours in fridge and serve.

• Members

Fruit Soup

1/2 cup dried apricots
1/4 cup dark raisins
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup diced fresh peaches
2 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
4 cups apple cider
2 cups of mixed chopped fresh fruit, such as plums, strawberries, apricots, blueberries, nectarines and/or oranges.

Place the dried apricots, dark and golden raisins and peaches in a deep saucepan. Add the water and the cinnamon stick. Simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until the dried fruits are soft. Remove the cinnamon stick. Pour the fruit mixture into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Pour the puree back into the saucepan. Put cinnamon stick back and add the apple cider, and simmer until hot. Add the mixed fresh fruits and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the fruits are very soft. Remove the cinnamon stick. Let it chill for about 2 hours in fridge and serve.

I have to try this out. :lol

I like all of those ingredients. :drool :hungry: It seems labor intensive, but I think I can get thru it. :cool :cooldude: :peek:

What I really like is that I see no added white sugar. At my age, white sugar and I are not friends any more. :nono:

For operations like this I use my Braun hand-blender. It saves a lot of labor. Do you see that procedure up there wherein the first "sauce" has to be removed from the pan, put into a blender, pureed, then put back into the sauce-pan??? Forget all of that. Just take out the cinnamon stick, throw in my trusty Braun, blend, and done-deal. HOOOOOOOORAY for our side, we are all done with that part. :lol::lol::lol: :lol:

• Members

For operations like this I use my Braun hand-blender. It saves a lot of labor.

I remember the Braun hand-blender! :thumb We had one in our house when I was still living with my folks. I remember how easy it was to make shakes & smoothies with it. :lol I should get one someday.

We're having steaks (rubbed with Montreal steak rub), rice, and mixed steamed veggies.

• Members

I remember the Braun hand-blender! :thumb We had one in our house when I was still living with my folks. I remember how easy it was to make shakes & smoothies with it. :lol I should get one someday.

We're having steaks (rubbed with Montreal steak rub), rice, and mixed steamed veggies.

My Braun hand blender is a must have in the kitchen. :thumb