• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Oooooo...you mentioned Zucchini bread...one of my weaknesses.  Ban John for mentioning zucchini bread (oops, wrong thread).  

I am going to make my stuffed Zucchini Boat Lasagna (A noodleless lasagna type of filling inside a large zucchini cut lengthwise in half), steamed italian vegetables, and zucchini bread.  

Sigh...Iv'e decided to start dieting religiously...only on Sunday's.

Edited by 2bLikeJesus

• Administrators

I've made that kind of zucchini before - it's great!

Last night at the banquet we started off with cole slaw. Then they brought out platters of fried (yes, 2b, fried  :biggrin: ) chicken along with bowls of mashed potatoes and green beans.  Nummy!  Rolls with butter.  And for dessert thre was upside down white poke cake topped with strawberries and whipped cream.  Everything was delicious. The message afterwards was brought by one of the early grads of the college, Tom Furse.  Good time all around.

• Members

Salad again, this time with canned sardines in tomato sauce.  Cucumber, lettuce (two varieties Batvia and Merveille de quatre saisons) and watercress were from the garden.

Talking of zucchini/courgettes.  When I got back from holiday I had three which were about 12 inches long. My wife said they were more courge than courgettes.  I only like them small so I will take a couple to church on Sunday to see if anyone can use them..  I halve the small ones lengthwise, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, powdered garlic, and some herbes de provence a little olive oil, and bake them in the oven.