• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

We went out to dinner with friends last night.  I had a salad, 6 oz steak, mashed potatoes, and steamed vegetables.  The best part of the dinner was dessert.  I devoured a piece of chocolate lava cake with fudge in the middle and vanilla iced cream on top.  Yum!

• Moderators

Last night: Leg of lamb, corn, carrots, collards, taters and gravy.

Tonight: I'll be eating out 175 mi from home (my wife will fix spaghetti since I don't like it and won't be home). I leave town at 11:00 this morning with the high school basketball teams and won't be back till 1:00 tomorrow morning.

• Members

Last night: Leg of lamb, corn, carrots, collards, taters and gravy.

Tonight: I'll be eating out 175 mi from home (my wife will fix spaghetti since I don't like it and won't be home). I leave town at 11:00 this morning with the high school basketball teams and won't be back till 1:00 tomorrow morning.

Oooo OFP.  I just love lamb!  Sounds like a tasty meal.

Safety traveling mercies to you.  Have a wonderful time.  :)

• Members

I couldn't think what to do this evening.  I did think of getting a Chinese takeaway, but looking at the menu lists of two of them, I couldn't decide what to have.  So I made my wife a vegetable casserole and put it in the oven, and the ½ hour it was on gave me time to think.  In the end I did a cheese, tomato and chive omelette served with 2 slices of spiced ham.

• Members

Is that chicken tonight or Chicken Tonight?

Yes the scrambled egg as very nice.  If I do it in a pan, I usually burn it, so usually do it in the microwave, but then it comes out rubbery.  I have for many years had a gadget called a Tefal Saucier, that is the name under which they sold it here, but I bought mine in France where it is sold under the brand Seb, same company though.

I can understand most of the recipes, but yesterday I came across "ŒFS BROUILLES A LA CREME"  I have never come across the word brouillés before but reading the instructions it looked like scrambled eggs, so I tried it and it sure was.  It came out light and fluffy as well.

My wife looked up brouillés this evening and it has many meanings, such as foggy, misty muddy and cul. scrambled (eggs).

Tonight I did Salad Niçoise.

• Administrators

It was supposed to be just chicken that night. But we've had a rough week (well, longer, but I digress...) so my hubby told me he was bringing home pizza. So we had that instead. Tonight we just had sandwiches -pepperoni/cheese for hubby, pb&j for me. Tomorrow weare going to lunch with some missionary friends in on a short furlough for the birth of their oldest daughter's first baby, their second son's college graduation and wedding. My hubby and this missionary were in college together.

LOL All of that info to say that I will be making chicken soup Monday from the delectably tender chicken we didnt have last night. :-D

• Members

Since I just had 14 teeth removed new dentures upper and lower put in on Friday, I am afraid all I can have for supper is a chocolate Protein shake.  It hurts to chew even a piece of bread right now.  Liquid diet for me for the next week probably.  Oh well.  I could stand to lose more weight.  Still need to lose another 50 lbs.  I have lost 60 lbs. since May 23, 2013.

• Members

Since I just had 14 teeth removed new dentures upper and lower put in on Friday, I am afraid all I can have for supper is a chocolate Protein shake.  It hurts to chew even a piece of bread right now.  Liquid diet for me for the next week probably.  Oh well.  I could stand to lose more weight.  Still need to lose another 50 lbs.  I have lost 60 lbs. since May 23, 2013.

My wife has a hiatus hernia, and when she was pregnant, many years ago, she couldn't keep any solids down and had to survive on milkshake with raw eggs.

I had Chicken Tonight for lunch.  It seems you don't have it over there?  It is a range of sauces which you pour over chicken put it in the oven and 1 hr. later it is done.  I like the Spanish Chicken, Creamy French Country Chicken and my favourite used to be Italian Tomato Feast, but the stopped doing that some years ago.

Tonight I had Egg and tuna mayonaise on toast.