• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Flourgirl

Whats for Supper...

Sounds and looks good Invicta.....except for the mushrooms. I dearly hate mushrooms, although I do know that many people love them. To me they taste like fungus.

By the way....who's the old guy?

22 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Sounds and looks good Invicta.....except for the mushrooms. I dearly hate mushrooms, although I do know that many people love them. To me they taste like fungus.

By the way....who's the old guy?

C'est moi.  

My wife loves mushrooms, she has them nearly every day,  I only like the baby ones,  I wouldn't have chosen them but they came with the steak. 

This evening we had Homemade rustic bread (White flour, wholemeal flour and wholemeal rye flour) with mixed olives and cornichons, followed by buttered asparagus.

Happy belated birthday, @Invicta!

Tonight I will be fixing chicken. Randy really likes it when I marinate it in mayonnaise and bake it. Years ago it created a tasty, non-carb crust. I can't get it to crust up, but boyo, is it moist! However, tonight I will be trying something new. I'm getting some pork rinds at the store today and will crush them to create a panko-like crust. I'm hoping that the flavor is good and that it creates a crunchy crust. Randy loves pork rinds and can eat them without worrying about carbs. That way he can have a bit of mashed potatoes, veggies, and salad as well.

I never heard of making a crust on baked chicken. Why would anyone do that when the skin on the chicken makes the perfect crust when browned? But I have to admit that it sounds good.

I'm having a problem understanding how you are marinating it. Is it a whole chicken or cut up in pieces? I just couldn't understand how you would marinate a whole chicken because the skin would create a barrier to the marinade.

2 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Happy belated birthday, @Invicta!

Tonight I will be fixing chicken. Randy really likes it when I marinate it in mayonnaise and bake it. Years ago it created a tasty, non-carb crust. I can't get it to crust up, but boyo, is it moist! However, tonight I will be trying something new. I'm getting some pork rinds at the store today and will crush them to create a panko-like crust. I'm hoping that the flavor is good and that it creates a crunchy crust. Randy loves pork rinds and can eat them without worrying about carbs. That way he can have a bit of mashed potatoes, veggies, and salad as well.

Thank you.

When I roast whole chicken, I score the breast  amd other parts and prick under the legs with a sharp knife, then rub the skin with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, powdered garlic, ground celery seed  and ground bay leaf (Laurier, sweet laurel) then roast it in the oven @ about 385F 

Tonight I had mussels in cream and garlic sauce with baked left over mashed potato and asparagus.

Sounds good Invicta. I love mussels, but have only had them steamed plain and dipped in butter. I have never tried them seasoned. Do you shell them before putting them on the cream and garlic sauce?

Tonight we are having baked macaroni and cheese and fresh asparagus.

18 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Sounds good Invicta. I love mussels, but have only had them steamed plain and dipped in butter. I have never tried them seasoned. Do you shell them before putting them on the cream and garlic sauce?

Tonight we are having baked macaroni and cheese and fresh asparagus.

I bought them in the supermarket.already prepared, in earthenwere dish. I just put them in the oven for  minutes.  

Macaroni is my most detested pasta.  I like most types of pasta but not macaroni.  I was put off it as a child when my aunt used to give me macaroni milk pudding for desert.