• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

My son actually eats a lot of Ramen - and really likes it.  Of course, the price is quite attractive to him, too.  My DIL, though, can't it it much because of the spice in the flavorings.  I've given her some ideas on how to fix them without as much of the spice.  

I try to stay away from ramen soup its too salty and there is high blood pressure here in the house...   I like the beef flavor ramen soup over chicken.

• Administrators

I am mood for something like that but, I don't want to use sour   cream I have a picky eater here..

You can actually make it without the sour cream.  It changes the flavor just a wee bit, but if you have someone who likes the sour cream, they can always add it to their own serving.

• Administrators

I try to stay away from ramen soup its too salty and there is high blood pressure here in the house...   I like the beef flavor ramen soup over chicken.

I think that's a good bit of my DIL's problem with it. She has a touch of high blood pressure and I think eating ramen sets her off a bit.

• Administrators

Yes, I know, its hard not to avoid it while on budget, I think there is homemade versions of ramen soup that is much more less salty.

If you used just the noodles from the pack, and some canned chicken broth (there is low sodium available), for the water, you'd still get the chicken flavor.  Depending on how soupy you like your noodles, you could stretch out the can of broth for probably 3 packages.

• Members

My son actually eats a lot of Ramen - and really likes it.  Of course, the price is quite attractive to him, too.  My DIL, though, can't it it much because of the spice in the flavorings.  I've given her some ideas on how to fix them without as much of the spice.  

On our budget, we can't afford much more than Ramen. 

• Administrators

On our budget, we can't afford much more than Ramen. 

I'm sure - but if you caught the broth on sale, it can run as low as 50¢ (or less, certain times of year). And there are sometimes coupons available. At least in this area.

Garlic is a good addition to the noodles!

• Members

We never see coupons . No newspaper.

Do you have a printer? You can print coupons up

There are Japanese noodles at stores you can use to make homemade ramen noodles.   We use the low salt Kitchen basic stuff.

We are on budget our selves but I can get alot still. I refuse food stamps , I don't like them...