• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

[quote="hannah"]
[quote="LAF"]I made my calico bean soup and since I just bought a bread maker last week I made a loaf of bread.
[/quote]

So how did it turn out?[/quote]

The bread or the soup?

Either way the both were good

• Members

What kind of bread maker did you buy? I have thought about getting one, but I don't know much about them. I bake bread everyday at work, so I am sure that I could do it the old fashioned way, and do it by scratch... but a bread machine seems so much easier. Do you still get that fresh baked bread smell wafting thru the house?

• Members

I bought a Bread Machine corner bakery at Target .
I went to epinions .com to see what everyone said and it seemed everyone who bought this one loved it .
I cannot make bread from scratch at all so I was looking for one that I could use .
It is very easy to use you just follow the directions and place the ingredients in the pan in the order listed .
As far as the smell not to noticeable until it goes in to the bake cycle and its not over powerful.

My machine is also suppose to make butter ,and cakes and knead the dough for pretzel and rolls and pizza crust .

I have only made 2 loaves I made the smallest one so far though you can make up to 2lbs.

• Members

We love our breadmaker. :D :D :D

In less than three minutes I can put all the ingredients for oatmeal bread into the pan, press start, and go do something else. In about 2-3/4 hours the entire house is filled with the delicious aroma of homemade bread. There is just nothing at all like it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• Members

Breadmakers are great and the baking bread smell is wonderful. They are all different though and I would recommend checking them out in a Consumers Report magazine before buying one. I like mine. I have made quite a few loaves of bread in it. CJP56

• Members

Not only is the aroma to die for, but then immediately when it is finished, you can have bread that is immediately fresh, and then melt pure [b]real[/b] butter (not marjarine) onto it and pour natural honey all over it. YOWZA!!!! that is awesome. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• Members

Big fat sausage sections with gravy, baked taters, fresh succulent peas, dried corn* and homemade bread. Blueberry cobbler for dessert. [i](((The recipe for this is in a thread right here in the kitchen. :D )))[/i]
[i]
* dried corn (((A Penn-Dutch delicacy)))--> It isn't served dry. It's dried for storage, and then reconstituted by soaking overnite and then stewing in water and milk, then salt and pepper to taste. It is to die for. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [/i]

• Members

[quote]
* dried corn (((A Penn-Dutch delicacy)))--> It isn't served dry. It's dried for storage, and then reconstituted by soaking overnite and then stewing in water and milk, then salt and pepper to taste. It is to die for.
[/quote]

Oh, P-E, that [i][b]does[/b][/i] sound absolutely [b][i]wonderful[/i][/b]! I [i][b]love[/b][/i] corn! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We're having baked chicken, refried beans, and steamed veggies tonight.