• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

I have seen a couple of Subway here, but have never been in one, what do they do.  

In our town we have only two eating houses which are part of a chain, Prezzo and Beefeeter (The Longreach)  I have never been in Prezzo but the Beefeater is not to our liking, we get a better deal across the road in Ernie's Plaice, formerly The Happy Fryer.  I like their Liver and Bacon.

They serve submarine sandwiches. They do a few other things, too, but the subs are the main thing.

• Members

They serve submarine sandwiches. They do a few other things, too, but the subs are the main thing.

When I commuted to London, I had sandwiches practically ever day for lunch, so going out and buying sandwiches does not appeal to me.  

Today we had Soupe au pistou, left over from yesterday's lunch. 

• Administrators

When I commuted to London, I had sandwiches practically ever day for lunch, so going out and buying sandwiches does not appeal to me.  

Today we had Soupe au pistou, left over from yesterday's lunch. 

I hear you.I'm not a major fan of sandwiches, but my hubby loves these.  I like them, too, but not like he does!  :icon_smile:  And he really likes it when I only eat half of mine so he gets the other half.  They are (supposed to be) foot long, so half is actually quite a good bit.  The thing I like best about Subway is that you get to put whatever toppings you want on them.

Tonight we'll have hot dogs. Maybe french fries, too.

• Administrators

Oh, nummy, Eric!  I LOVE corn on the cob!

Tonight we are having hoagies.  I put sliced green peppers and sauce (I used spaghetti sauce for today, but usually it's tomato paste, garlic, and a bit of oil) in the crock pot this morning.  Tonight we'll put them on rolls similar to torta rolls, sprinkle some cheese on them, and toast in the oven.  Along with salad, it's a delicious meal!

• Members

We went to Tesco after our midweek meeting and we got a couple of hot chickens reduced to 32p each from over £6.  My granddaughter and I had part of one for our supper and will freeze the rest for use in curries etc.