• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

WOOOO HOOOO Just look at all of those great ideas. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chevy, That baked bean casserole is th eeasiest thing in the world (((I'll post the recipe if you like))), and I already know that you would know how to make good cornbread. I'll betcha that your wife would be so pleased if you'd surprize her with it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• Members

Hi Chevvie,

We have a recipe box (aka thread) right here in the kitchen somewhere where I'll put it. There are lots of other really neat recipes there too. :D:D:D

I appreciate that. We are having leftover chili tonight and I'd like to make something new for a change.

• Members

Here we have a very fine recipe for:::::

Three-Bean Barbecue

1-1/2 to 2 lb ground beef (I prefer lean, b/c I don't want to throw too much weight away in the fat draining off).

1 cup chopped onions

2 1-lb cans of Great Northern butter beans or baby lima beans (your choice)

1 1-lb can of kidney beans

1 1-lb can pinto beans

1 cup catsup

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 Tablespoon liquid smoke

3 Tablespoons vinegar

1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional).

2 Tablespoons mustard ( I prefer dijon, or spicy brown or equivalent)

1 teaspoon salt

dash of pepper

(((There are optional things to add if you desire for flavor::: You may add hot peppers, sweet bell peppers, diced, or chiles, etc.)))

PROCEDURE::::

1. Brown and drain ground beef.

Pour into a crock pot.

2. fry bacon and onions and diced peppers and drain off the grease.

Pour this mixture into the crockpot.

3. Pour all the rest of the ingredients into the crockpot, and mix thoroughly with large wooden spoon.

4. Set to cook on low for 4-6 hours.

This is exceptionally good with cornbread and/or baked potatoes.

• Members

You jus' throw those ingredients in a crockpot cooker and in about 4-5 hours you'll have one very fine and tasty supper.

Well I do declare, that sounds mighty fine indeed! :D:D:D Is that from the "Set It And Forget It" cookbook you told us about some time ago? :D

• Members

Please take a look on page 210 for a recipe of the same title. I added some of my own embellishments.

Oh I'd love to, except for one tiny detail -- I don't own a copy of that particular cookbook. :mrgreen: But I am going to copy/paste that recipe into a MS Word document, using a template specially designed for a 4 x 6 recipe card. :D