• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

LOL

Chicken enchilada casserole
2 whole chicken breasts, cooked and cut up or lightly chopped
2 cans campbell chicken verde soup
1 cup water
garlic powder
pkg of 10 flour tortillas, cut into strips
1/4 cup sour cream
pkg shredded taco cheese (or plain cheddar)
Directions: combine cooked chicken, soup, water, garlic powder, tortilla strips and sour cream. spread in a 9x13 (or large casserole dish-- i like 9x13 so the cheese is more even). Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees 25 minutes. Tastes good with sour cream and salsa on top.

Julie, I have made this casserole several times now using the recipe on the back of the can and I LOVE IT!!! :mrgreen: It is so delicious and creamy. My mom and dad even liked it and they don't usually go for mexican-style food.

I just want to say that I have applied PE's "Moore's Law" to this recipe. :lol: If the amount of cheese called for in the recipe makes it good then more is going to be way, way better!!! :D

What I have started doing is mixing cheddar and monterey jack into the casserole itself and also topping it with the cheddar/jack mixture. It is soooooo delish!

• Members

Wow, Jim, that sounds good. That sounds like a Southern dish, but I can't remember ever having it. I'll have to encourage the wife on this one. Maybe I'll surprise her and do it myself, but having me in the kitchen can be dangerous. :lol:

Mitch

• Members

Tonight is our first annual "Music Appreciation Banquet" for those who sing in the choir, special music groups, work in sound, and work in childcare for all the practices these activites require.

Lasagna, salad and bread sticks are on the menu. (and cheesecake for dessert - yummy)

And best of all - I DON'T HAVE TO COOK!!!!!!!