Online Baptist

Whats for Supper...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey grandpa...what's fer supper?   Sauteed chicken Fryin' in the pan Just a li'l pepper Shook from a can Sliced up purdy A work of art And corn on the cOB Fresh from Walmart   yuuuum yuuuuu

Homemade tacos tonight.  

fried chicken fried squash from my garden mashed potato's and green beans from last years garden with cornbread and iced tea and a whole lot of thanking the lord.

Posted Images

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Thank you for the update Mike, I will surely be in prayer about her and your health problems. Not being able to breath properly is extremely stressful.

I hope the docs don't list it as Covid19 because of the respiratory and coughing she is experiencing. If I may be of any help just let me know, after all we are just a few hours away.

15 hours ago, Invicta said:

Sorry to hear about your wife, Mike.I pray that shr will soon be well enough to come of O2

Thanks for the concern. As of this morning, when she was on just room air for about 10 minutes using the restroom, she came back and checked her oxygen and was at about 89%, so getting better slowly. I suspect that even as she gets normal she will be staying on oxygen at night, probably just a low volume, for a while to come, just to keep things strengthened. 

• Administrators

Thanks for the latest update Mike. It sounds like some good progress, although small. The encouraging thing is that even though the progress is slow, it is positive progress and each little bit adds up to substantial progress in the long run.

• Lady Administrators

Last night I fixed burgers. Chopped red peppers and onions and mixed them in before frying. Gave it a good flavor!

Tonight I'm making a version of chicken al fredo. For Randy I'll use hearts of palm for the pasta. My sauce is pretty basically heavy cream, garlic, and parmesan, with a little mozzarella mixed in, salt, and pepper. He likes it.

Mike, I hope her oxygen has bumped up into the 90s by now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Yesterday, I went to the egg machine of a local poultry farm for the first time.  I didn't negociate it too well.  I got me eggs OK but ended up with a steak and ale pie instead of the apple pie I was trying to get.  So I had that today and gave the leftovers to my grandchildren next door.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Yesterday I had sirloin steak from Aldi and French fries.  This evening, my day=ughter came in and asked f I wanted sirloin steak tomorrow as she had got some from the local butcher and would I do some pepper sauce to go with it.  

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Squash casserole, zipper cream peas, collard greens with smoked ham hocks, baked sweet taters. All aforementioned veggies are fresh from garden.

My wife’s been canning tomatoes, making pickles, chow-chow, hot pepper relish, 3 dozen tamales, on so on. On the “dog box” in the cab of the motorhome are two laundry baskets of yellow squash, zucchini, cucumbers, bell peppers, jalapeños, sweet Italian peppers, zipper peas, bi-color corn, onions, and honeydew melons.