Online Baptist

Whats for Supper...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey grandpa...what's fer supper?   Sauteed chicken Fryin' in the pan Just a li'l pepper Shook from a can Sliced up purdy A work of art And corn on the cOB Fresh from Walmart   yuuuum yuuuuu

Someone told me today to "stuff it" sooooo...tonight its Stuffed Cornish Game Hens, Cheddar and Pico stuffed Mushrooms, and baked potato with all the stuffings.  After the Strawberry Shortcake for des

Homemade tacos tonight.  

Posted Images

• Moderators

Last night, has steak and pan-fried green beans. Tonight? Who knows? Maybe pork, maybe a sandwich. With my wife still pretty down I am the cook and chief bottle-washer, and with service right after work tonight, hard to say what we will do. But I always come up with something. Fortunately my wife has simple tastes.

• Lady Administrators

@Ukulelemike, please let your wife know I'm praying for her. I hope she gets back on her feet and feeling better soon.

Today we had our monthly potluck, so tonight was leftovers. Three cheese ziti with sweet Italian sausage, meatballs in sweet chili sauce, salad. With German chocolate cake for dessert.

• Moderators
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:32 PM, HappyChristian said:

@Ukulelemike, please let your wife know I'm praying for her. I hope she gets back on her feet and feeling better soon.

Today we had our monthly potluck, so tonight was leftovers. Three cheese ziti with sweet Italian sausage, meatballs in sweet chili sauce, salad. With German chocolate cake for dessert.

Thank you, I will do that. Its been a long road and we're still walking it, but its getting better, just a slooow process. 

• Lady Administrators
3 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Thank you, I will do that. Its been a long road and we're still walking it, but its getting better, just a slooow process. 

I hear you on that long road. Ours hasn't been as long as yours, but we're still walking it as well.

• Advanced Member

I hope your wife is soon better Uke.

Today I did Entrecote steak with baked potatoes, ratatouille, carrot and green beans.  

My wife had Cancoillotte with her baked potato instead of steak.  That is a French runny garlic cheese which she brings back when we visit France. I have never seen it here.

https://president.uk.com/french-cheese/cancoillotte#.XNYCM45KjIU

• 1 month later...
  • Lady Administrators

Sunday morning after church, our son took us to Red Lobster for Father's Day. We don't go very often, so Randy and I both usually order the Cajun Chicken Linguine. Even though they are making the portions smaller now, there was so much! I brought most of mine home and we enjoyed it last night for dinner as well. I have no idea what we'll be having tonight.

• Lady Administrators
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Oh my, you go to Red Lobster and order a Cajun dish? It's a sacrilege I say, a sacrilege!  😀

Not only Cajun, but CHICKEN! LOL - that just makes our son shake his head every time. Going to a SEAFOOD place and ordering FOWL. heheheh   It's like going to a steak place and ordering hamburger (which I do...).

Today my mom and I went to lunch while we waited for her brakes to be fixed. I had fish and "chips" - house made potato chips, warm from the deep fryer.  There was enough to bring home for my supper tonight. Randy wanted me to pick him up a rotisserie chicken while I was out, so that's what he'll be having. Probably the whole thing. Can you tell we like chicken? bahaha!

• Lady Administrators

Yes...I'm from the other side of the country, Pacific seafood. However, there is a lot that I used to eat that I just don't care for any more. Crab, shrimp. I do still like a good piece of fish. If we go to Red Lobster again before another year, I will likely order salmon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lady Administrators

Last night I made enchiladas for supper. Randy was thrilled that I found some low carb tortillas so he could enjoy them. I made him one beef, one cheese, and one chicken (although I didn't have a lot of chicken, so I added some zucchini).

Tonight I'm making steak bites and zucchini noodles. It's a recipe I found online, basically cooking up steak cut into bite-size, and spiralized zucchini. There is a marinade that makes it different. I think Randy will enjoy it, low carb and not high in vitamin k, so he can enjoy a salad with it.

Our son is happy I made enchiladas - I send lunch home with him on Sundays and Wednesdays so he doesn't have to buy it...so he gets enchiladas for lunch tomorrow, and steak bites for another lunch (if there's any left LOL).

• 5 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I never met a chicken I didn't like, although a chicken in curry may be a first, because I hate curry. 

It was in a Tikka Masala sauce. As my wife doesn't like a hot curry, I added some greek style yogurt to tone it down a bit.

• Lady Administrators

Tomorrow is our potluck at church. I'm bringing onion burgers and sloppy joes. I made low carb buns for Randy. Mom mad a pineapple upside down cake. I made an individual one for Randy that's low carb. He's happy he won't have to miss out on dessert.

• Administrators

Love Halibut Gary, caught quite a few when I lived n Alaska. I like the 20-30 pounders myself, they seem to be the tastiest. I had to limit myself to fishing them in summer, ot because of cold, but because it was an almost 400 mile trip from the Interior of Alaska to the coast. Too far to go for much more than two or three trips.

• Advanced Member

I picked 5 beefsteak tomatoes from one plant in the garden over the last few days.  One I stuffed and my wife and I shared it.  One I gave to a neigbour, two I made tomato soup with today (they weighed 520g and 625g)  They made quite a lot of soup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

That sounds good Invica. I love lamb, but it is much too expensive here. Speaking of expensive, just about any meat product is becoming too pricey to buy. I don't go into the store much, my wife does most of the shopping, but the other day I went in and was amazed. A beef steak had a per pound price of $10.89. And it wasn't just that one steak, any steak was that kind of price. 

• Advanced Member

22 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

That sounds good Invica. I love lamb, but it is much too expensive here. Speaking of expensive, just about any meat product is becoming too pricey to buy. I don't go into the store much, my wife does most of the shopping, but the other day I went in and was amazed. A beef steak had a per pound price of $10.89. And it wasn't just that one steak, any steak was that kind of price. 

I don't check the price per pound, or kilo in our case.  I just go by the price of a steak as It is only me who eats meat.  I usually buy a single sirlion steak.  21 day matured is cheaper than 28 day matured.  I usually buy it in Aldi which is the only store which my wife and I can walk to.  Sometimes I cut one in half and freeze half.

The lamb was packs of 5 sizzle steaks for £3.50. I bought 2 packs for £7.00 but we had a £1 off voucher for the lamb and a £9 off voucher if we spent £60 which we did overall.  That was in Sainsburys.  

My daughter always buys her meat at the local butcher as she believes in supporting local businesses.

• Advanced Member

@Jim_Alaska I checked the price of steak in Aldi this afternoon.  It went from £7.69 per kilo for thin cut steak right up to over £26.00, with all prices in between.  That's approx £3.50 per pound to over £12.per pound.  In other stores the prices may be much more. The conversion is to divide the price per klio by 2.20462262

Edited by Invicta
  • Advanced Member
On 9/5/2019 at 5:10 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

I believe that the price you gave for the highest price per pound works out to $5.40 per pound. That is half as much as we pay here.

It's hard to talk about prices when our weight is by the pound and your monetary designation is also a pound.

I think the highest price would be about $14.00 per pound. Aldi is a budget store, so other stores may be much higher.  Some independent stores sell things in pounds, but they also have to show the kilo prices..  And milk.  That is a strange one.  Branded milk is usually sold in 1 or 2 kilo bottles and is usually filtered milk.  Store milk is pastuerised and usually packed in pints.  We usually buy 4 pint bottles but to comply with the law, it is also marked 2.27 litres.  (4 pints is 5 US pints.)