Online Baptist Community

Whats for Supper...

Rate this topic

Flourgirl

• Lady Administrators

Oh, nummy, Eric!  I LOVE corn on the cob!

Tonight we are having hoagies.  I put sliced green peppers and sauce (I used spaghetti sauce for today, but usually it's tomato paste, garlic, and a bit of oil) in the crock pot this morning.  Tonight we'll put them on rolls similar to torta rolls, sprinkle some cheese on them, and toast in the oven.  Along with salad, it's a delicious meal!

• Advanced Member

We went to Tesco after our midweek meeting and we got a couple of hot chickens reduced to 32p each from over £6.  My granddaughter and I had part of one for our supper and will freeze the rest for use in curries etc.  

• Advanced Member

I messed up our meal this evening.  The steamed veggies were OK but the baked Mediteranean vegetables and the Cheese and spring onion bake I did for my wife were almost inedible.  I did them in our combination oven and when you press the convection, it starts on maximum,  250c and reduces with each press.  I should have cooked them at 200c, but I think I must have omitted to reduce the temperature.  I had cold roast chicken with mine so I could not go far wrong with that.

• Lady Administrators

Tonight we are heading out to an overnight for our anniversary.  We'll be having  Italian beef sandwiches.  A coworker of my hubby's has needed to borrow our car for a bit and is always giving him stuff as a thank you.  His wife cooked the meat yesterday and he gave it to my hubby this morning.  Nummy!  :hungry:

• Advanced Member

Sweet corn on the cob again with lots of butter and salt. Corn will soon be over for the year.

Not my favourite.  Last time I bought a couple and put them in the freezer and they stayed there for a year or two,

• 2 weeks later...