• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Flourgirl

Whats for Supper...

Kewl, very kewl indeed. :cool: If they don't have it at Half-Price Books I may just have to order it from Amazon.com. :mrgreen: I told myself I wasn't going to buy anymore cookbooks, but I simply must make an exception in this case, you understand. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looks like ebay has several as well...

http://books.search.ebay.com/Fix-It-and ... QsacatZ267

burritos made from ground round steak that I ground myself - miniscule amount of fat in it that I can tell. Refried fat free beans from a can. Jello with peaches and pears in it. I suppose I should add a veggie ...

pork tenderloin pieces with all the fat cut off, with potatoes and carrots and green beans covered with a gravy mix that is fat free.

Chelle wrote:

whole-grain penne with homemade pasta sauce, garlic bread, and salad

:lol: You two sound like a Lean Cuisine commercial. :lol: :lol:

Pizza Casserole

Ground beef... I use about a 1/2 pound you can use more or less to satisfy your needs
pepperoni... I use the whole bag because my hubby likes pepperoni
Spiral noodles
pizza sauce I use 2 jars
mozzarella cheese

Cook the spiral noodles until tender... I just cook a pot full, use what I need for the casserole, and then use the leftovers for pasta salad!

Brown the ground beef, drain
add the pepperoni, and pizza sauce, and then the spiral noodles stir until all mixed together, and then pour in a casserole dish. Top it with the mozz. cheese, and bake for 30 minutes... the last 5 minutes I put it under the broiler, so that it will brown nicely.

You can make a crust for it, but hubby prefers it plain...

There you have it!!! My version of pizza casserole!

[quote="Flourgirl"]
Pizza Casserole

Ground beef... I use about a 1/2 pound you can use more or less to satisfy your needs
pepperoni... I use the whole bag because my hubby likes pepperoni
Spiral noodles
pizza sauce I use 2 jars
mozzarella cheese

Cook the spiral noodles until tender... I just cook a pot full, use what I need for the casserole, and then use the leftovers for pasta salad!

Brown the ground beef, drain
add the pepperoni, and pizza sauce, and then the spiral noodles stir until all mixed together, and then pour in a casserole dish. Top it with the mozz. cheese, and bake for 30 minutes... the last 5 minutes I put it under the broiler, so that it will brown nicely.

You can make a crust for it, but hubby prefers it plain...

There you have it!!! My version of pizza casserole!
[/quote]

Oh that sounds great! Thank you!! I'll try to remember to pick up some pepperoni and I'll give it a try. We need a change. Tonight we had tuna shell salad with tons of celery in it, apple sauce, and left over corn bread for dessert.

I didn't get from work in time to eat before preaching (I don't like to eat before preaching anyway -- I tend to burp :oops: )

So, supper was late last night, and was a bowl of Cocoa Krispies!

Mitch

[quote="hannah"]
[quote="LAF"]I made my calico bean soup and since I just bought a bread maker last week I made a loaf of bread.
[/quote]

So how did it turn out?[/quote]

The bread or the soup?

Either way the both were good

What kind of bread maker did you buy? I have thought about getting one, but I don't know much about them. I bake bread everyday at work, so I am sure that I could do it the old fashioned way, and do it by scratch... but a bread machine seems so much easier. Do you still get that fresh baked bread smell wafting thru the house?

I bought a Bread Machine corner bakery at Target .
I went to epinions .com to see what everyone said and it seemed everyone who bought this one loved it .
I cannot make bread from scratch at all so I was looking for one that I could use .
It is very easy to use you just follow the directions and place the ingredients in the pan in the order listed .
As far as the smell not to noticeable until it goes in to the bake cycle and its not over powerful.

My machine is also suppose to make butter ,and cakes and knead the dough for pretzel and rolls and pizza crust .

I have only made 2 loaves I made the smallest one so far though you can make up to 2lbs.

We love our breadmaker. :D :D :D

In less than three minutes I can put all the ingredients for oatmeal bread into the pan, press start, and go do something else. In about 2-3/4 hours the entire house is filled with the delicious aroma of homemade bread. There is just nothing at all like it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Breadmakers are great and the baking bread smell is wonderful. They are all different though and I would recommend checking them out in a Consumers Report magazine before buying one. I like mine. I have made quite a few loaves of bread in it. CJP56