Online Baptist

Whats for Supper...

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey grandpa...what's fer supper?   Sauteed chicken Fryin' in the pan Just a li'l pepper Shook from a can Sliced up purdy A work of art And corn on the cOB Fresh from Walmart   yuuuum yuuuuu

Someone told me today to "stuff it" sooooo...tonight its Stuffed Cornish Game Hens, Cheddar and Pico stuffed Mushrooms, and baked potato with all the stuffings.  After the Strawberry Shortcake for des

Homemade tacos tonight.  

Posted Images

• Lady Administrators

Oh, nummy, Eric!  I LOVE corn on the cob!

Tonight we are having hoagies.  I put sliced green peppers and sauce (I used spaghetti sauce for today, but usually it's tomato paste, garlic, and a bit of oil) in the crock pot this morning.  Tonight we'll put them on rolls similar to torta rolls, sprinkle some cheese on them, and toast in the oven.  Along with salad, it's a delicious meal!

• Advanced Member

I messed up our meal this evening.  The steamed veggies were OK but the baked Mediteranean vegetables and the Cheese and spring onion bake I did for my wife were almost inedible.  I did them in our combination oven and when you press the convection, it starts on maximum,  250c and reduces with each press.  I should have cooked them at 200c, but I think I must have omitted to reduce the temperature.  I had cold roast chicken with mine so I could not go far wrong with that.

• Lady Administrators

Tonight we are heading out to an overnight for our anniversary.  We'll be having  Italian beef sandwiches.  A coworker of my hubby's has needed to borrow our car for a bit and is always giving him stuff as a thank you.  His wife cooked the meat yesterday and he gave it to my hubby this morning.  Nummy!  :hungry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Cereal? I hope you are referring to grits -- surely not the sugar coated pencil shavings in a box that is no more food than sugared air (cotton candy) is.

:D

I live in the south and I can't stand grits.....but I love oatmeal. 

We had hamburger helper made with ground turkey for dinner tonight.

Edited by LindaR
  • Moderators

Cereal? I hope you are referring to grits -- surely not the sugar coated pencil shavings in a box that is no more food than sugared air (cotton candy) is.

:D

Unfortunately, no. I was referring to the granola, bran flakes and dried fruit mixture in a box - with real milk! That stuff's getting far too expensive these days. I scored a couple days ago with finding a 2L for $.79 plus deposit.   :smug:

• Moderators

I live in the south and I can't stand grits.....but I love oatmeal. 

We had hamburger helper made with ground turkey for dinner tonight.

I don't like grits, either!   :frog:

Tonight I'm thinking pancakes. Maybe some turkey bacon for my hubby (I don't like it, but he does).

Sounds like not enough butter, cheese, salt and black pepper in the grits.

Sounds like not enough butter, cheese, salt and black pepper in the grits.

I believe that one has to "acquire" a taste or liking for grits....and after 13 years of living in the deep south, I haven't "acquired" that taste or liking for grits.  At the age of 70, I'm not looking for that to happen anytime soon....and I'll probably die before I acquire it...LOL :yawn:

Baked tomato, red onion and red pepper with petit pains, smoked garlic sausage and Camembert.

I have no idea what grits are, sounds like something I get in my shoe when I am gardening.

From Wikipedia:

Grits

Grits are very popular in the Southern United States.