• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Flourgirl

Whats for Supper...

[quote]
Chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
[/quote]

We did that too. :mrgreen:

My wife uses a really good oatmeal cookie recipe and adds broken English walnut pieces, raisins and a [b]lot [/b]of chocolate chips. :D :D :D :D

Tonight (or should I say last night, meaning Saturday? :wink: ) we had homemade fried rice (dh is getting [b][i]really good[/i][/b] at this :D ) and grilled chicken breasts (that we had marinated all day in teriyaki). :D

I know you all are dying to know what I had for my birthday dinner, so I won't keep you in suspense any longer:

16-oz sirloin steak smothered in mushroom gravy, steak fries, salad, and sourdough rolls. The appetizer was cheddar nuggets (kind of like mozzarella sticks, only square and made with cheddar cheese).

For dessert, I had birthday cake with the real icing on it, not that whipped, no-sugar-added blasphemy. The real stuff that curls your lips.

Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! :mrgreen:

Hi Chevy1958,

I hope you didn't eat alla that good stuff, because I want some. YOWZA!!! That sounds good, could you PM me some of it, please, pretty please???

:haha :haha :haha :haha :haha :haha :haha

My wife just made the best chicken corn soup on earth. It is really thick, rich and full of chicken, corn, noodles, celery, diced potatoes, and good stuff like that. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY, I'll be happy to post the recipe if anyone desires. :D :D :D :D :D

Mac n Cheese dish-- the macaroni from a mac n cheese box, 1/2 lb hamburger, 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 can milk, 1 Cup shredded american/cheddar blend cheese (no powder junk!). :mrgreen:

[quote="Jesuspaiditall4all"]
[quote="~Julie~"][i]"Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you"[/i] :D
[/quote]

Can I come too..... :lol:

It's not chocolate but I love seafood too.... :mrgreen:[/quote]

Sorry, it was take-out provided by a drug rep :D

I made up a mexican casserole tonight and it was delicious!!!

I mixed 1 can of fat free refried beans with 1/2 can tomato soup (undiluted) and 1/2 can cream of chicken soup (undiluted).

Then I mixed in about 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup mild taco sauce, then stirred in some garlic powder and ground cumin.

I browned 1 lb. ground beef with some onion and then mixed in a packet of taco seasoning mix and 3/4 cup water - cooked until thickened.

Then I layered the casserole into a square baking dish lasagne-style. I put some of the refried bean mixture in the bottom of the pan. Then I layered it starting with the flour tortillas and then the bean mix, meat, medium cheddar; tortillas, bean mix, meat, medium cheddar. Cover, bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover and bake until cheese is melted to your satisfaction.

It was very good and tasty with sour cream and salsa!