Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

Flourgirl

Whats for Supper...

Omega - over rice does sound tasty. I've had it with spaghetti pasta in it, as well. 

Good for your granddaughter, Invicta! 

Tonight hubs will eat more chili. He really enjoyed it last night and is looking forward to rechauffe (leftovers...love the word and finally get to use it¬†ūüėĀ) tonight.

We are in France for a few days,  We wanted somewhere that would do a vegetarian meal for my wife. We tried the hotel restaurant without sucess, then the restaurant at the local hypermarket, but they said We could make yo a salad."  My wife said "We can make our own thank you."  So we got a couple of pizzas and took them back to our hotel.  I had a "sauce piquant" (sp?) with mine,   Later my wife complained that the lock on the bathroom door did  not work properly, so I looked at it and it seemed that had been forced and not repaired properly. I had a mini tool set it the car and got that and managed to bend the lever back into shape, so it fitted well, but the spindle as stiff so I assumed it needed a bit of oil. but I cdidn't have any, but then remembered the litle sache of "Sauce Piquant" and lookd at the lable and in English it said "Chili Oil".I squeezed the remainer of the sachet on the spindle and it now works perfectly.

Today we went to the Bible Baptist Church and the pastor and his wife invited us back to lunch.  Had some cold left over pizza for supper.  May have some salad later.

Edited by Invicta

9 hours ago, Invicta said:

We are in France for a few days,  We wanted somewhere that would do a vegetarian meal for my wife. We tried the hotel restaurant without sucess, then the restaurant at the local hypermarket, but they said We could make yo a salad."  My wife said "We can make our own thank you."  So we got a couple of pizzas and took them back to our hotel.  

I had a Hawaiian pizza in Northumbria that came with mushrooms. Is that normal? Over here they're only ham & pineapple.

9 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Anything Hawaiian is not pizza, therefore not normal.  :laugh:

Pizza has been Americanized by adding unnecessary toppings that is far from the authentic pizza made in Italy. For example: Pizza Margherita in Italy does not gild the lily by masking the superb quality of fresh ingredients ONLY indigenous in certain regions. It's the "quality" of the ingredients, and not the "quantity".

On 10/28/2018 at 11:17 AM, Invicta said:

We are in France for a few days,  We wanted somewhere that would do a vegetarian meal for my wife. We tried the hotel restaurant without sucess, then the restaurant at the local hypermarket, but they said We could make yo a salad."  My wife said "We can make our own thank you."  So we got a couple of pizzas and took them back to our hotel.  I had a "sauce piquant" (sp?) with mine,   Later my wife complained that the lock on the bathroom door did  not work properly, so I looked at it and it seemed that had been forced and not repaired properly. I had a mini tool set it the car and got that and managed to bend the lever back into shape, so it fitted well, but the spindle as stiff so I assumed it needed a bit of oil. but I cdidn't have any, but then remembered the litle sache of "Sauce Piquant" and lookd at the lable and in English it said "Chili Oil".I squeezed the remainer of the sachet on the spindle and it now works perfectly.

Today we went to the Bible Baptist Church and the pastor and his wife invited us back to lunch.  Had some cold left over pizza for supper.  May have some salad later.

It's usually the sauce, cheese, and the dough which makes or breaks the pizza. Fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese and fresh San Marzano tomatoes are always used in the best pizzas. 

2 hours ago, (Omega) said:

It's usually the sauce, cheese, and the dough which makes or breaks the pizza. Fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese and fresh San Marzano tomatoes are always used in the best pizzas. 

We don't like pizzas with mozzarella,as we find it tasteless,  my wife prefers goats cheese

Edited by Invicta

Duck leg in pepper sauce with new potatoes and salad, in our hotel restaurant. Fromage blanc with red fruit coulis as desert.

Edited by Invicta

I've never had duck. 

Tonight we'll be having something with hamburger. Probably patties. Hubs likes them. There will be salad and veggies, too.

Today for lunch I tried a new "bread" recipe. It called for almond flour, so no major carbs. It's cooked in the microwave for 90 seconds, but then it's supposed to be toasted or fried to make the texture a bit better. I made Randy a grilled cheese sandwich out of it. He loved it. I'm so glad- one thing he misses is his bread.

My wife and I had lunch at Table Table today.  (2 mid week meals for £8.99)  I had hand battererd fish (I paid a bit extra for Haddock, my favourite) with chips and mushy peas.  My wife had Roasted vegetables with pasta. We freally enjoyed it.  

I am not keen on pizza at all, but when we do have it we always have the thin crust.

Chicken and vegetable tagine for lunch. 

Steamed buttered asparagus with crusty French bread after church this evening. 

I bought a new small 1¬Ĺ litre slow cooker a coup[le of days ago.¬† It is just right ror one or two portions.¬† Today I did slow cooked chicken¬†in it.

Edited by Invicta
Spelling

I fixed Steakum sandwiches tonight - fried peppers and onions, mixed with the meat (Steakum is a brand of very, very thinly sliced beef). Meat mixture put into a hoagie bun that's been buttered and baked. Cheese first, then meat mixture, then more cheese. Bake again until cheese is melted and the buns are a bit crusty. Add condiment of choice - we use mayonnaise and A1. Delicious!

My guys enjoyed them while watching the recording of OH State whomping Michigan.¬†ūüėĀ

Cheese and onion pasty for Kay and fried  smoked garlic sausage and eggs for me, both accompanied with sauted potatoes with garlic and parsley.

Edited by Invicta

On Sunday, it was my daughter's turn to give hospitality to students and visitors.  I offered to do slow cooked  beef for her.  My daughter did rice to go with it,  There were eight of us family and only one visitor, an American young lady from Georgia, who looks after children

Edited by Invicta
spelling