Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

Flourgirl

Whats for Supper...

13 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Same company. I've not had them much. Lays is my favorite brand.

@Salyan - you eat baked beans cold? My husband will eat leftovers cold, but mine have to be warm. I'm not fond of most baked beans so I make my own. No brown sugar in mine. I have had them for breakfast when we have some left over.

I am originally for the Boston area, actually a small town just outside of Boston. Boston is also known as, "bean town". Nothing can compare with original Boston baked beans. Cold beans? resoundingly "Yes!"  Cold leftover baked bean sandwiches were a staple as a kid. I am talking about homemade baked beans, not from a  can. Canned beans are nasty.

No brown sugar? That is a travesty!  :15_1_63:

19 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I am originally for the Boston area, actually a small town just outside of Boston. Boston is also known as, "bean town". Nothing can compare with original Boston baked beans. Cold beans? resoundingly "Yes!"  Cold leftover baked bean sandwiches were a staple as a kid. I am talking about homemade baked beans, not from a  can. Canned beans are nasty.

Heh - the beans have a natural sweetness to them, and adding brown sugar just makes them too sweet for me. I agree that baked beans from a can are gross, but my hubs does like the Bush beans brand. They seem to be closest to homemade when he just wants a quick baked bean.  We haven't gotten any of them for a number of years, though. Mom likes brown sugar in hers, so she'll make a batch of hers and I'll make mine. Hubs likes them both, so he's in bean heaven then. 

5 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Back in the days when my wife did the cooking she sometimes did "Boston Baked Beans".  I think she used to put muscovado sugar in them..  

10 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Heh - the beans have a natural sweetness to them, and adding brown sugar just makes them too sweet for me. I agree that baked beans from a can are gross, but my hubs does like the Bush beans brand. They seem to be closest to homemade when he just wants a quick baked bean.  We haven't gotten any of them for a number of years, though. Mom likes brown sugar in hers, so she'll make a batch of hers and I'll make mine. Hubs likes them both, so he's in bean heaven then. 

Randy may be in bean heaven, but I suspect that others around him will wish he was not.  :4_6_4:

Sorry Randy, I just couldn't resist.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Randy may be in bean heaven, but I suspect that others around him will wish he was not.  :4_6_4:

Sorry Randy, I just couldn't resist.

Actually not, if you can believe it. =D

On 5/6/2018 at 9:00 PM, HappyChristian said:

@Salyan - you eat baked beans cold? My husband will eat leftovers cold, but mine have to be warm. I'm not fond of most baked beans so I make my own. No brown sugar in mine. I have had them for breakfast when we have some left over.

Hmm... now that I think about it, I guess I might have had them both ways. For picnics they're usually cold, and you don't see them served much outside of picnics. I don't care for them much so don't eat them often. 

We don't often have baked beans, but when we do it is usually on toast.

I have never had them in a picnic, not that we have had a picnic for years.  I have had them cold as leftovers.  I don't think they taste the same since they reduced the salt and sugar in them.

Today I had lamb leg steak, sautéed potatoes with garlic and parsley, steamed carrot and extra fine beams and I did Cauliflower cheese for Kay and I had a bit of that as well.

I like them on toast, too.

Tonight we had pizza. We got the taco pizza from Papa Murphy's. It was good, but not as tasty as Pizza Hut's was years ago. I told my son we'll have to make one here at home when he gets up here (just a few more weeks! Yay!).

On 5/11/2018 at 7:28 AM, HappyChristian said:

I like them on toast, too.

Tonight we had pizza. We got the taco pizza from Papa Murphy's. It was good, but not as tasty as Pizza Hut's was years ago. I told my son we'll have to make one here at home when he gets up here (just a few more weeks! Yay!).

I have not had a  good pizza from any chain. Had some really good ones from independents. 

Had steak and sautéed potatoes  again this evening 

1 hour ago, HappyChristian said:

I've never had that.

We had Taco Bell today.

Forgive me, I'm just an old guy with an odd sense of humor. Taco Bell is a business, so you had the whole business?   :15_1_63:

I do know you had something from Taco Bell, but I just couldn't help it.

4 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Forgive me, I'm just an old guy with an odd sense of humor. Taco Bell is a business, so you had the whole business?   :15_1_63:

I do know you had something from Taco Bell, but I just couldn't help it.

hahahaha

Writing Taco Bell was quicker than writing what we got. 😄😄

LOL - yes, Taco Bell is fake Mexican (I don't think it's even Tex-Mex, which is closer to the real thing).

I just had the pintos and cheese and my hubs had the $5 box which had a taco and I think a chalupa. (I don't eat any of their stuff that has meat in it anymore, and haven't for years...something in their meat really makes me sick)

I'm sorry you don't like Mexican food, Jim. It's delicious, IMO. We really miss the Mexican restaurant we used to go to in Indiana. Haven't found one that's even close to that restaurant's goodness here, but there is one we kind of like.

We are having our first missionary come to the church on July 1 - friends of ours who are missionaries to Mexico. It happens that is our potluck day. And guess what we'll be having. Yep - Mexican. It'll be homemade. And tasty. You're welcome to come visit us that day, @Jim_Alaska😄

23 hours ago, Invicta said:
20 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

I've never had that.

We had Taco Bell today.

I did chicken tikka masala with rice today.

It is a mild curry,  I got the sauce from a jar.  

I had the same today, still some left in the jar which I will probably use on Monday.

8 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

We are having our first missionary come to the church on July 1 - friends of ours who are missionaries to Mexico. It happens that is our potluck day. And guess what we'll be having. Yep - Mexican. It'll be homemade. And tasty. You're welcome to come visit us that day, @Jim_Alaska😄

Thank you for the invite HC. I would love to visit and fellowship some day. But the Mexican food O could do without. lol

I always thought that it was traditional to serve visiting Baptist preachers Chicken. After all baptists are renowned chicken eaters.   :laugh:

On 5/19/2018 at 8:33 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Thank you for the invite HC. I would love to visit and fellowship some day. But the Mexican food O could do without. lol

I always thought that it was traditional to serve visiting Baptist preachers Chicken. After all baptists are renowned chicken eaters.   :laugh:

Never fear - I'm fixing chicken enchiladas! 😁