• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

I'm only in my early 60s. When we bought the chops from Smith Farms (a friend of mine) he had them packaged in packs of four. So, I cook them all at one time. My wife eats one, as do I. They're pretty good sized chops so we always have two left over. Now, if we'd have bought them from Kroger, Publix, Piggly Wiggly or Walmart, we'd be eating all four of them as they're packs usually consist of four miniature chops! LOL 

• Administrators

That makes sense Tony. If I have to buy chops that number more than I want for one meal, I freeze what I don't need. It is just a personal preference, I would much rather not have them re-heated, the taste seems to suffer some with re-heating.

• Members

Ours are pre=packaged in fours, already frozen. It comes from the processing plant that way by contract by Smith Farms. Personally, I would like them in packs of two. But, it costs less for Smith to have them packed in quantaties of four and eight. 

The way I make them, I haven't noticed any difference in taste Of course, I use some things (secrets) that I learned in the restaurants over the years along with some things that I learned from my two chef sisters-in-law to make sure the wonderful taste stays consistent.  

• Members

Last night I made big pot of chili! Tonight it's being turned into Chil-Mac! I love chili, and I could eat it anytime! It was supposed to turn off cold here, but, it's been quite nice with lows in the upper 40s and low 50s, and highs in the upper 60s and lower 70s. Ah, winter in Tennessee! ? Still, chili is nice! 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This evening we'll probably be having pizza. I've got my first chemical stress test today...at least the first this time around...I've got another tomorrow. UGH! So, we won't have time to cook. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 3/8/2023 at 12:23 PM, Invicta said:

I am having Boeuf Bourguignon today (ready meal)

It's my birthday tomorrow and my daughter has offered to take my wife and I out to lunch if I would like to choose somewhere. The trouble is, my wife does not eat very much these and doesn't think it worth paying for a full meal when she only eats half of less. One restaurant we have been to a number of times does a good meal at lunch time if you buy two meals in the range, which are slightly smaller portions than normal. My daughter arranged for 10 faily members and friends to go out for a Christmas meal just before Christmas.  My wife could only eat about ¼ of hers and asked for a box to take the rest home. The waiter said they couldn't as they didn't have a takeaway licence which was absolutely nonsense. My daughter actually gave him a big tip. I wouldn't have given him anything. The next time we went I was torn between refusing to pay for her lunch if they refused, or take our own boxes. I decided the latter. Most places would offer you something to put it in.

• Members
3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Happy Birthday

Thank you. My old church  in Whitstable do a seniors lunch every Tuesday,  and we have asked my daughter if she can take us over there as we would rather meet people we know and love than just go out. We were in that church for over 28 years until we had to move to live with our daughter as she said she didn't think we were coping on our own.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This evening will have to be something light... probably soup and a sandwich, as I have an MRI scheduled for late this morning in a city 40 miles away. Last night we had hamburger steaks with black eyed peas and corn. 

• Members
30 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

This evening will have to be something light... probably soup and a sandwich, as I have an MRI scheduled for late this morning in a city 40 miles away. Last night we had hamburger steaks with black eyed peas and corn. 

Have a good check up, stay away from those cheeses pizza. They taste so good, but not good for us. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Have a good check up, stay away from those cheeses pizza. They taste so good, but not good for us. 

Nope....no pizzas today. Sometimes we'll stop by Sam's Club concessions inside the store, and get a deluxe pizza and a soda for $12. It gives us enough pizza to take home for later. Great as an inexpensive date.??