• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

Salyan, as a young man working in a small store I learned something that most people don't know. That is; if eggs have not been refrigerated they do not need to be refrigerated. It is only those that have been stored refrigerated that must be kept cold.

• Members
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Salyan, as a young man working in a small store I learned something that most people don't know. That is; if eggs have not been refrigerated they do not need to be refrigerated. It is only those that have been stored refrigerated that must be kept cold.

A lot of people don't realize that about eggs. My grandparents used to never refrigerate their eggs or their butter. It would sit on the table in a butter dish. The eggs would sit by  the stove in a bowl. I got used to that. But, later, when milk deliveries stopped in the town where we were living, we couldn't get our eggs, milk or other dairy products and had to go and get them from the supermarket. I wish they would start milk and egg delivery again. But, we live so far out in the country we probably need to buy our own cow for milking and a couple of dozen laying hens for eggs. We're definitely considering it. My friends in the UK have sent prices they paid, and I definitely thought that the prices there would be much higher. They also sent along a list of ingredients in each of the things like cereals, canned goods, etc., and the list is quite a bit smaller than the ones we see on the information section of American goods. Less preservatives. No wonder the people of the UK are usually less obese than those of us here in the United States.

• Moderators

Probably baked chicken tonight. Been off food since Saturday when I got quite sick-was better by Monday, as in, I could get out of bed and function, but haven't been terribly hungry. Better today, so I can see some chicken. 

4 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

A lot of people don't realize that about eggs. My grandparents used to never refrigerate their eggs or their butter. It would sit on the table in a butter dish. The eggs would sit by  the stove in a bowl. I got used to that. But, later, when milk deliveries stopped in the town where we were living, we couldn't get our eggs, milk or other dairy products and had to go and get them from the supermarket. I wish they would start milk and egg delivery again. But, we live so far out in the country we probably need to buy our own cow for milking and a couple of dozen laying hens for eggs. We're definitely considering it. My friends in the UK have sent prices they paid, and I definitely thought that the prices there would be much higher. They also sent along a list of ingredients in each of the things like cereals, canned goods, etc., and the list is quite a bit smaller than the ones we see on the information section of American goods. Less preservatives. No wonder the people of the UK are usually less obese than those of us here in the United States.

We rasie chickens and collect our own eggs, and often don't refrigerate them; the problem here is it is very dry and the eggs will dry out pretty quickly-I lost a few dozen that way recently, just dry in the shells. 

• Members

Well, this evening for us it is a store-bought pizza...Wild Mikes is the name of it, I believe! We love it. It's got some packets in it to really spice it up if one wants to do that! Tonight I may just do it. I know it will aggravate my ulcer, but I'm just to the point that I NEED some flavor on my food! I can't eat bland any more! LOL

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Probably baked chicken tonight. Been off food since Saturday when I got quite sick-was better by Monday, as in, I could get out of bed and function, but haven't been terribly hungry. Better today, so I can see some chicken. 

Mike, don't forget that I am here if you get were you can't hold services. I should have my new tires this week, so making it over there would not be a problem. Any time you need it is a good time.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Mike, don't forget that I am here if you get were you can't hold services. I should have my new tires this week, so making it over there would not be a problem. Any time you need it is a good time.

Appreciate that, brother, but that was pretty short notice in that case. But I will definitely let you know. 

• Members

Fried lamb leg steak, Roast vegetables (potatoes, carrot, parsnip, fennel, red onion and tomato) Steamed green beans and cellery, servid with mint sauce.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Tonight is going to be Wild Mike's Pizza since our air conditioner is on the fritz. I don't want to cook a long time in this heat. It's already 80 degrees in here, and the air hasn't been working since yesterday morning. UGH! So, Wild MIke's it is! ?

• Administrators

Slow cooked chuck pot roast. Usually folks don't like to cook roasts when it is hot outside and it will be 100' here today. But I have a wonderful exhaust fan on my stove that takes care of fumes and heat.

This pot roast is beef and last week I did one that was pork and it was wonderful. I anticipate that this one will be excellent also.

• Members

Had fish, chips and peas for lunch.  We ate out as I went to our previous town as one of the butchers there makes Merguez sausages and I bought a kilo of them to freeze for when I do cous cous.  They seem to have a lot less fat in them than those we used to buy in France.

The butcher also makes Toulouse sausages (Don't tell Macron) and I have never tried them so I bought a couple of them to try.

Joined our daughter next door for curry this evening.