• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

I am not a Chick-Fil-A fan, never been to one. But that's OK, I would gladly swap going there for where I actually live, which is more distant that Happy Christian. I live in a small community of 80 people.

The nearest Chick-Fil-A to me is 80 miles.        Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Administrators

I'm doing the Keto, Bro. Mike. Lost sixteen pounds. It is not a strict Keto, just no sugar, which I don't usually use anyway. Extremely low Carbs though. This is a first for me as far as diets go; I don't usually stick to them well. Another first for me is lots of veggies, I have had a life long hatred of veggies. I am finding that cooking my own recipes makes veggies really good. The only thing I really miss is starchy stuff like rice and noodles or pasta. But I am sticking to it.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I'm doing the Keto, Bro. Mike. Lost sixteen pounds. It is not a strict Keto, just no sugar, which I don't usually use anyway. Extremely low Carbs though. This is a first for me as far as diets go; I don't usually stick to them well. Another first for me is lots of veggies, I have had a life long hatred of veggies. I am finding that cooking my own recipes makes veggies really good. The only thing I really miss is starchy stuff like rice and noodles or pasta. But I am sticking to it.

While on a not-strict version, I pretty quickly lost about 50 pounds, not even really trying, and seem to have plateaued there for now. My wife says she can see it, but no one else seems to-a testament to how big I have been: 50 pounds down brought me to just below 300 pounds, so I'm still a big tub of goo, but we're moving along.

Congrats on the 16 pounds-I don't recall you being a particularly large man by any means, so 16 pounds is a real difference for you. 

• Administrators
On 4/7/2021 at 11:42 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

I live in a small community of 80 people.

Wow, I never lived in a town that small before. I live in what is considered a very small town of 20,000 people.

Being surrounded by cities, we have a choice of thousands of restaurants within 10 radius miles to eat. Not good for the belly or budget. I just checked and within 1 radius miles of us we have 5 McDonald's to choose from. UGH....gross

gross dumb and dumber GIF

• Administrators

The nearest city to me is Yreka, California, it has a population of 7500. It is an hour away from me; this is where my church is located. When people think of California they think huge populations. They never think that there are places like where I live; but actually there are many small communities in California, especially in the northern and western parts of the state.

• Moderators

Dinner will be wieners over a fire. It’s going to be plus 17 today (63F), and should be a lovely day for April! Some friends and I are going to spend the day at a gorge on the Pembina River. 

• Members

I served roast duck breasts in plum sauce for lunch with my grandson, my wife had camembert bakes with raspberry sauce and we all had roast parsnip, carrot, red onion ,  steamed potatoes, green beans and broccoli  my wife and grandson also had mushrooms .

I always season my roast vegetables with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and finely ground herbes de Provence.

• Members

For us, tonight it's going to be brats, smothered in onions and green peppers, pork and beans, and if I can get my bride to stop by the Dollar General, maybe some potato chips. We don't actually need the last part. I could just add some mushrooms to the brat pack that's going into the oven, and man, oh man, that would be some good eating! ? 

• Moderators

Don't know for certain. We have Bible Study right after I get home from work, so I may whip up a sandwich or something simple. My wife will have had leftover Panda Express from last night, eating before I get home. Or I may run to the local quicky mart, the Mark, and grab a piece of pizza or a burrito. My wife can't cook yet, so its just grab as we can when we have to be somewhere. 

• Members
12 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Don't know for certain. We have Bible Study right after I get home from work, so I may whip up a sandwich or something simple. My wife will have had leftover Panda Express from last night, eating before I get home. Or I may run to the local quicky mart, the Mark, and grab a piece of pizza or a burrito. My wife can't cook yet, so its just grab as we can when we have to be somewhere. 

I know all about having to get a "quick bite to eat" from somewhere other than home. My wife and I will be celebrating out 37th wedding anniversary on May 4th, and I'll be 59 on the 3rd of May. I started learning how to cook when I was four years old. My maternal grandfather made me start with bacon and eggs. From there I went on to learn how to make about everything. I've cooked in restaurants as has my wife, and we both are very good cooks! My wife makes spectacular biscuits and sausage gravy and many other breakfast items, as well as many great things for dinner when she's home to cook. Being on the "disabled" list, I'm the one who cooks around here for the most part. My 1/2 brothers from my mother's second marriage also know how to cook very well. I love to cook. It's a form of therapy for me. I hope your wife learns how to cook, and cook well. Start her out on a Betty Crocker cookbook...the OLD VERSION. It's one of the best we've found. We also use Paula Dean's cookbook at times. Lots of helpful shortcuts and hints. Blessings.