• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Today we had a big lunch with our family.  Our son in law, did roast lamb carrots, runner beans and cauliflower..  I did roast potatoes and sweet potatoes, because I have a timer on my oven and can get the cookes at the right time after church, I also did mushrooms  and cauliflower cheese for the vegetarians.  We had six family and two hospitality guests.

For supper I did avacado witn prawns (shrimps) and salad.  

• Members
On 9/24/2019 at 5:59 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

I wish I could say that your dinner sounded good, but I can't because I don't know what it is except for the asparagus.  ?

Brie is a French soft cheese, I think gnocchi is a type of pasta, but I am not sure what "over the Red River" is.

Tonight I did Fishcakes and crudites. 

• Administrators

I love Rib Eye Steak, but unfortunately here in the US it is much too expensive for me. It is funny you mentioned it today, because just yesterday I was looking at a package of three in the store. The price was $30 U.S.  To me ten dollars per steak is way out of line.

• Members
On 10/8/2019 at 1:01 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

I love Rib Eye Steak, but unfortunately here in the US it is much too expensive for me. It is funny you mentioned it today, because just yesterday I was looking at a package of three in the store. The price was $30 U.S.  To me ten dollars per steak is way out of line.

I can't remmber how much it was, but probably not more than the equivalent  of about 4$. I bought it when it was reduced for quick sale. It was quite big and thick.   I only buy meat when it is on offer or reduced.  Our 2 main supermarkets, Tesco and Sainsburys often send vouchers for a  10% off if you send a certain amount, in Tesco recently it was £70 with a larger amount off on the first voucher.  We don't often spend that much at one time. We had three vouchers last month and didn't use any of them.  In Saisburys we had a number of weeks where thay offered £4.50off a £30 shop as well as voucher giving extra points on their Loyalty Card, usually on things we have bought recently.  

My daughter uses the local butcher as she likes to support local businesses. 

Tonight I did tomato and bacon omelette,

• Administrators

Randy is, by doctor's order, supposed to eat fish 2-3 times/week now. He doesn't mind it at all. =D So I fixed rock fish for him again last night. Usually I pan fry it, after dredging it in egg, cassava flour, and coconut flour. Makes a really good crust that is totally grain free.

I decided to fix it differently last night. I chopped veggies into a baking dish, cut the fish into quarters, scored the fish, and put coconut aminos on the fish. Coconut aminos is a soy sauce replacement (he is not supposed to have soy). I fixed some riced cauliflower, mixed in the baked veggies when done, and put the fish on the veggies. I mixed some aminos and hot mustard in with some mayo (homemade so there is no sugar or soy) as "tartar" sauce. Apparently it was quite the success. =D

I had a bowl of hot cereal.

• Administrators

Being originally from the oldest fishing port in the nation, I feel that I must say that HC's recipe sounds like a perfect one for completely destroying a good fish dinner.

(Although I really do understand that it was perfect for Randy's needs.)

• Members
3 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Randy is, by doctor's order, supposed to eat fish 2-3 times/week now. He doesn't mind it at all. =D So I fixed rock fish for him again last night. Usually I pan fry it, after dredging it in egg, cassava flour, and coconut flour. Makes a really good crust that is totally grain free.

I decided to fix it differently last night. I chopped veggies into a baking dish, cut the fish into quarters, scored the fish, and put coconut aminos on the fish. Coconut aminos is a soy sauce replacement (he is not supposed to have soy). I fixed some riced cauliflower, mixed in the baked veggies when done, and put the fish on the veggies. I mixed some aminos and hot mustard in with some mayo (homemade so there is no sugar or soy) as "tartar" sauce. Apparently it was quite the success. =D

I had a bowl of hot cereal.

It sounds complicated.