• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

I hope your wife is soon better Uke.

Today I did Entrecote steak with baked potatoes, ratatouille, carrot and green beans.  

My wife had Cancoillotte with her baked potato instead of steak.  That is a French runny garlic cheese which she brings back when we visit France. I have never seen it here.

https://president.uk.com/french-cheese/cancoillotte#.XNYCM45KjIU

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Sunday morning after church, our son took us to Red Lobster for Father's Day. We don't go very often, so Randy and I both usually order the Cajun Chicken Linguine. Even though they are making the portions smaller now, there was so much! I brought most of mine home and we enjoyed it last night for dinner as well. I have no idea what we'll be having tonight.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Oh my, you go to Red Lobster and order a Cajun dish? It's a sacrilege I say, a sacrilege!  ?

Not only Cajun, but CHICKEN! LOL - that just makes our son shake his head every time. Going to a SEAFOOD place and ordering FOWL. heheheh   It's like going to a steak place and ordering hamburger (which I do...).

Today my mom and I went to lunch while we waited for her brakes to be fixed. I had fish and "chips" - house made potato chips, warm from the deep fryer.  There was enough to bring home for my supper tonight. Randy wanted me to pick him up a rotisserie chicken while I was out, so that's what he'll be having. Probably the whole thing. Can you tell we like chicken? bahaha!

• Administrators

Yes...I'm from the other side of the country, Pacific seafood. However, there is a lot that I used to eat that I just don't care for any more. Crab, shrimp. I do still like a good piece of fish. If we go to Red Lobster again before another year, I will likely order salmon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Last night I made enchiladas for supper. Randy was thrilled that I found some low carb tortillas so he could enjoy them. I made him one beef, one cheese, and one chicken (although I didn't have a lot of chicken, so I added some zucchini).

Tonight I'm making steak bites and zucchini noodles. It's a recipe I found online, basically cooking up steak cut into bite-size, and spiralized zucchini. There is a marinade that makes it different. I think Randy will enjoy it, low carb and not high in vitamin k, so he can enjoy a salad with it.

Our son is happy I made enchiladas - I send lunch home with him on Sundays and Wednesdays so he doesn't have to buy it...so he gets enchiladas for lunch tomorrow, and steak bites for another lunch (if there's any left LOL).

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
19 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I never met a chicken I didn't like, although a chicken in curry may be a first, because I hate curry. 

It was in a Tikka Masala sauce. As my wife doesn't like a hot curry, I added some greek style yogurt to tone it down a bit.

• Administrators

Tomorrow is our potluck at church. I'm bringing onion burgers and sloppy joes. I made low carb buns for Randy. Mom mad a pineapple upside down cake. I made an individual one for Randy that's low carb. He's happy he won't have to miss out on dessert.