• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Invicta said:

Lambs liver, bacon and onions in gravy, with baked potato and steamed red cabbage.

I have never had lamb's liver Invicta. I am a liver lover and your meal sounds delicious. I can't ever remember even seeing lamb's liver in a store.

• Members

I like lambs liver, in our supermarkets it seems to be the only choice, except perhaps chicken, liver now and again. Lambs liver is fairly cheap and makes a meal.  But they are not really butchers.  I asked last week if they disd marrow bones and the "butcher"  said "No, we just get the meat in."

I can remember when we were first married, seeing all the carcases hanging in the burtcher shop and rabbits and chickens hanging in the window.  We don't get that now.  Health and Safety, I presume.

Edited by Invicta
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Arby's are good. But I do have to say that the picture you posted doesn't look like any I have ever had. They are good, but never stacked like that. You didn't cheat and post their advertising picture did you?  Nah! You wouldn't do that.   ?

I only get to eat out when I go to town, which is 41 miles away, so don't do it often. I don't know what we are having tonight, my wife said, "something with hamburg", so that's pretty general. She is pretty good at making hamburg a thousand different ways, it makes for diversity and is usually pretty tasty. 

• Members

Left overs today.  We usually eat with my daughterr and family  and my son in law was doing spag bol.   I am not keen on his cooking and we only  eat wholemeal Spghetti and they only eat white.  My wife and I took ours in to eat with them.  I did have a small portion of his spaghetti as seconds.  I suplied home made bread from my breadmaker.

Next sunday is my granddaughter's baptism and my daughter is doing a fellowship lunch at church.  She plans baked potatoes and salad with cold chicken.  As it is our 51st wedding anniversary  that weekend we are planning to go to Calais France for the day on Friday and Mary has asked us to bring back some French salads, Remoulade, Carrotes..  I asked if she wanted me to bring some Taboulé but she said children take it then decide they don't like it and it ends on the floor. I also asked if she wanted me to bring back some Champingons a la grecque. Greek style musrooms, but she said the mushroom salad I do is much better,.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sounds and looks good Invicta.....except for the mushrooms. I dearly hate mushrooms, although I do know that many people love them. To me they taste like fungus.

By the way....who's the old guy?

• Members
22 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Sounds and looks good Invicta.....except for the mushrooms. I dearly hate mushrooms, although I do know that many people love them. To me they taste like fungus.

By the way....who's the old guy?

C'est moi.  

My wife loves mushrooms, she has them nearly every day,  I only like the baby ones,  I wouldn't have chosen them but they came with the steak. 

This evening we had Homemade rustic bread (White flour, wholemeal flour and wholemeal rye flour) with mixed olives and cornichons, followed by buttered asparagus.

• Administrators

Happy belated birthday, @Invicta!

Tonight I will be fixing chicken. Randy really likes it when I marinate it in mayonnaise and bake it. Years ago it created a tasty, non-carb crust. I can't get it to crust up, but boyo, is it moist! However, tonight I will be trying something new. I'm getting some pork rinds at the store today and will crush them to create a panko-like crust. I'm hoping that the flavor is good and that it creates a crunchy crust. Randy loves pork rinds and can eat them without worrying about carbs. That way he can have a bit of mashed potatoes, veggies, and salad as well.

• Administrators

I never heard of making a crust on baked chicken. Why would anyone do that when the skin on the chicken makes the perfect crust when browned? But I have to admit that it sounds good.

I'm having a problem understanding how you are marinating it. Is it a whole chicken or cut up in pieces? I just couldn't understand how you would marinate a whole chicken because the skin would create a barrier to the marinade.

• Members
2 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Happy belated birthday, @Invicta!

Tonight I will be fixing chicken. Randy really likes it when I marinate it in mayonnaise and bake it. Years ago it created a tasty, non-carb crust. I can't get it to crust up, but boyo, is it moist! However, tonight I will be trying something new. I'm getting some pork rinds at the store today and will crush them to create a panko-like crust. I'm hoping that the flavor is good and that it creates a crunchy crust. Randy loves pork rinds and can eat them without worrying about carbs. That way he can have a bit of mashed potatoes, veggies, and salad as well.

Thank you.

When I roast whole chicken, I score the breast  amd other parts and prick under the legs with a sharp knife, then rub the skin with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, powdered garlic, ground celery seed  and ground bay leaf (Laurier, sweet laurel) then roast it in the oven @ about 385F 

Tonight I had mussels in cream and garlic sauce with baked left over mashed potato and asparagus.