• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

I fixed pork loin in the crockpot today. Made enough for supper tonight and for church tomorrow (it's our potluck day).  I soaked it in a brine all night and then seared it off and put it in the crockpot this morning. By tonight it was melt-in-your-mouth! I couldn't slice it, because it was just falling apart. It was delicious!

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Matt Souza said:

This is whats for dinner tonight. 

https://www.bearsbbq.com/

Do they have bear meat? There is a Black Bear here - when we first moved here, Randy wanted to try it out. He was disappointed they didn't serve bear. Now there's a new restaurant with Elk in the name...he's hoping they'll serve elk. ?

With a snowstorm that's gone on all day long, the best thing for supper? Homemade soup, of course!

• Administrators

My wife made something called Lentil Loaf last night. Now, I'm not much of a veggie person, I like some veggies but not as a main dish. I was pleasantly surprised that this was actually good. It looked very much like meatloaf and had the same consistency.

She served it with creamy mashed potatoes and a vegetable mixture of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Do they have bear meat? There is a Black Bear here - when we first moved here, Randy wanted to try it out. He was disappointed they didn't serve bear. Now there's a new restaurant with Elk in the name...he's hoping they'll serve elk. ?

In most states it is not legal to sell or serve wild game. The exception would be farmed game meat. I have seen this kind of menu in some places.

It is Interesting that you have a Black Bear place up there. This small, but growing chain was first started here in Northern Calif. at Mount Shasta city.. They are known for serving good food that is comparable to home cooking and large portions.

In the last few years the chain has grown admirably. If they are way up in your location, then they stretch all the way from there down to Sacramento California.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

In most states it is not legal to sell or serve wild game. The exception would be farmed game meat. I have seen this kind of menu in some places.

It is Interesting that you have a Black Bear place up there. This small, but growing chain was first started here in Northern Calif. at Mount Shasta city.. They are known for serving good food that is comparable to home cooking and large portions.

In the last few years the chain has grown admirably. If they are way up in your location, then they stretch all the way from there down to Sacramento California.

Yes, it is that same chain. For the most part, the food is good. Most of the family likes the chicken fried steak. I'm not fond of it, though. I will have either the fish and chips or just salad when I go...unless it's breakfast. We get a free breakfast for our birthdays. Their special waffle - delicious!

Yes, I imagine there are laws about it. He did get some "wild meat" jerky in his stocking at Christmas - elk and bison. 

• Members
7 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

My wife made something called Lentil Loaf last night. Now, I'm not much of a veggie person, I like some veggies but not as a main dish. I was pleasantly surprised that this was actually good. It looked very much like meatloaf and had the same consistency.

She served it with creamy mashed potatoes and a vegetable mixture of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. 

We do a lentil bake, from a 1932 vegetarian book originally belonging to my wife's mother.  It is quite popular in our family and usually served as an option at Christmas.  My wife had one for last Sunday,   

Today I did a spicy vegetable stew, consisting of practically every vegetable we had in the fridge, a 400g can of tomatoes, ½ a can of chick peas, a couple of veggie stock cubes, a couple of cloves of garlic and Ras El Hanout spice to taste. I also had chicken and merguez.  We often take  some of the liquid from the stew and make a hot sauce by adding harissa but I didn't get around to it today.