• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

I bought a new small 1½ litre slow cooker a coup[le of days ago.  It is just right ror one or two portions.  Today I did slow cooked chicken in it.

Edited by Invicta
Spelling

• Administrators

I fixed Steakum sandwiches tonight - fried peppers and onions, mixed with the meat (Steakum is a brand of very, very thinly sliced beef). Meat mixture put into a hoagie bun that's been buttered and baked. Cheese first, then meat mixture, then more cheese. Bake again until cheese is melted and the buns are a bit crusty. Add condiment of choice - we use mayonnaise and A1. Delicious!

My guys enjoyed them while watching the recording of OH State whomping Michigan. ?

• Members

On Sunday, it was my daughter's turn to give hospitality to students and visitors.  I offered to do slow cooked  beef for her.  My daughter did rice to go with it,  There were eight of us family and only one visitor, an American young lady from Georgia, who looks after children

Edited by Invicta
spelling

• Members

I did chicken with leek sauce.  The recipe was from my  Tefal le Saucier.  (Sauce maker)  It was translated from French and they called it Leak Sauce.

Edited by Invicta
Sp

• Members

I went back to my previous church for their over 60's Christmas lunch today.   I had to take the car in to be serviced on the way back.  I was offered a lift to either Canterbury or Faversham.  I chose Canterbury as I wanted to look in a shop there for something. As it happened it was not what I wanted.  I then had a choice of a bus or a train to Ashford.  As I had a free senior's bus pass I chose the bus.  said it was 70 minutes.  Train would have been about 10 minutes.  The bus goes through a number of small towns and villages as it was at school home time.  It would have been quite a picturesque route if had been light.  The bus was about 15 minutes late arriving as it had to wait at a number of train crossings. I should have chosen Faversham as the bus leaves at the same time and takes about 40 minutes.  

I had left over chicken curry and rice for supper.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

My new Baptist church had their over 60's lunch today. 

We had Turkey, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, peas, Brussekls sprouts. sage and onion stuffing, cranberry sauce (I didn't have that) bread sauce and gravy. Followed by Chrismas pudding or choclate puddding or trifle.  I had the former and for seconds had the latter.

• Members

My daughter and son in law are going on the Eurostar to Brussels tomorrow and she asked me if I could feed my remaining grandson, Luike, while they are away,  |I had a stek for tomorrow, so rusjhed out to buy another one,  (I would have been happy for half the original one but I didn't thin8k that would suit a growing lad.)  The youngest, Bethany, is going with them.  She is 9 y.o and is the main weeklday cook of the family..          

• Administrators

Last night we had hamburgers. Since Randy is trying to cut carbs, I used a low carb tortilla for his and made him a kind of hamburger wrap. He enjoyed it.

In a little while I am heading over to Tacoma to spend the evening with a friend. We will be going to the Outback for supper. My hubs is jealous. ? Although he knows I will be bringing my leftovers home to him.