• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

My brother gave me a recipe for Bolognese years ago that we really like. I haven't made it often, but when I have the time I like to make it to use in our New Year's Day lasagna.

Our son brought Chinese food for supper Saturday night. There was SO much of it that we had enough for 2 meals yesterday, and then there will be more tonight. That should finish it up. Thankfully, there was a lot of meat, so Randy was able to enjoy it, although the sauces aren't the best for him. 

My oldest niece and her friends caught a lot of coho salmon the other day. She brought some  ready for the pan to us. So some time this week we'll be eating fresh salmon. NUM!

• Administrators

Salmon marinated overnight and cooked on the grill is the best. I love seafood, but had so much salmon when I lived in Alaska that I am not much for it any more. But marinated and grilled is wonderful.

If it doesn't have the skin on it still, be sure to put each fillet on its own alum foil. Don't foil the whole grill because that will keep the drippings from producing the flavoring smoke. Of course you could cover the whole grill and poke holes in the foil.

My marinate is simple, I use olive oil and a touch of roasted Sesame oil seasoned with garlic powder and Johnny's seasoning. Marinate over night for best results.

Now after all that, which you didn't ask for, you'll probably pan fry it, which is great also for most people. I just ate too much salmon when in Alaska and burned out on it, I need lots of flavor and cover up.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Salmon marinated overnight and cooked on the grill is the best. I love seafood, but had so much salmon when I lived in Alaska that I am not much for it any more. But marinated and grilled is wonderful.

If it doesn't have ti skin on it still, be sure to put each fillet on its own alum foil. Don't foil the whole grill because that will keep the drippings from producing the flavoring smoke. Of course you could cover the whole grill and poke holes in the foil.

My marinate is simple, I use olive oil and a touch of roasted Sesame oil seasoned with garlic powder and Johnny's seasoning. Marinate over night for best results.

Now after all that, which you didn't ask for, you'll probably pan fry it, which is great also for most people. I just ate too much salmon when in Alaska and burned out on it, I need lots of flavor and cover up.

It's so funny you should suggest the grill and Johnny's seasoning. That is exactly what my niece recommended! ?  However, we will likely pan fry the first batch. We don't have any Johnny's seasoning.

• Members

My bolognese sauce is easy to make. I saute some diced carrots and onions with olive oil, and combine it all with a can of crushed San Marzano tomatoes (sauce included) with salt and pepper. The I remove the casing from italian sausages and add them into the sauce. Yummy!

• Members

Most salmon we get here is farmed in Scotland.  

I usually do it in the oven, wrapped in foil, with Olive oil, lime juice and topped with lime slices and dill, or if i can't get dill, fennel leaves.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Invicta said:

No oregano or Parmesan Cheese?  That can't be Bolonese.

I can see that, if that's your preference to add those ingredients to suit your palate. It's similar to a plain hamburger: in the sense that you can add extra cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. There are times when I add butter to the bolognese sauce to smooth out the flavor; in addition to taking time to mellow out the sauce's flavor by having it simmer for a few hours. And if you want to add an extra kick to it, you can add Sriracha sauce. But yeah . . . I would at times add Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning to it.

Edited by (Omega)