• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators
On 9/15/2018 at 10:05 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Randy can eat all that KFC?  What about all that breading on the outside and the cooking oil?

We have to figure the breading in to his carb count. He does not always keep within the limits he should for weight loss, but he's well under the range that is bad. I drive him crazy with "you can't eat all of that." ?

Since we don't eat things like KFC very often, the oil they use to fry is ok. We use healthier oils here at home.

• Members
On 9/22/2018 at 1:50 AM, 2bLikeJesus said:

Fresh caught Albacore tuna out from Coos Bay, Oregon.  After eating that tuna you wonder if it is really the same fish that you find in cans.  I can't eat any canned or bag tuna ever again.

I prefer canned tuna.

• Members
4 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

But have you ever tried fresh caught tuna? I have always thought that anyone that had ever tasted fresh tuna would never believe that canned tuna was the same fish.

You are exactly right.  That canned stuff is "mystery fish" because it sure doesn't taste like fresh caught tuna.  

• Members
On 9/29/2018 at 12:16 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

But have you ever tried fresh caught tuna? I have always thought that anyone that had ever tasted fresh tuna would never believe that canned tuna was the same fish.

No I have only bought it from the fish counter at a supermarket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, (Omega) said:

Now this is some mighty fine BBQ if I may say so. Camera has poor image quality though . . . :(

bbq.jpg

Yes it is Omega. But even better, I did up a whole rack of baby back ribs last night. More is always better. That amount you have in the picture would just make me hungry.

• Administrators

I just fixed hamburger patties w/cheese tonight. Along with fries ( about 5 for Randy LOL), salad, and broccoli (Randy has to be very careful of broccoli, but he enjoyed the little he got). I made some "bread" for Randy - almond meal, coconut flour, egg, salt, baking powder all mixed well together and microwaved for 90 seconds. It could have used probably another 10 seconds. 

It just made a little bit - about the size of a large roll, and there was less than 2 carbs. I sliced and buttered it. Randy enjoyed it, but said it tasted a good bit like pancakes, so he wanted syrup over it. LOL Sadly, I had to tell him no. ?  I'm thinking of making him some blueberry syrup tomorrow (with Stevia, not sugar) and making him "pancakes." 

• Members
12 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Yes it is Omega. But even better, I did up a whole rack of baby back ribs last night. More is always better. That amount you have in the picture would just make me hungry.

That was just the first portion of my meal. I had three more servings of that afterwards.