• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Visiting my wife's family in Alabama is corrupting me at the dinner table.  Had fried breaded catfish, fried okra, fried green tomatoes, and turnip greens.  I was doing well until I horrified them by dousing my catfish in malt vinegar and then refusing to put sugar in my tea.

• Moderators
On 7/8/2018 at 7:45 AM, 2bLikeJesus said:

Visiting my wife's family in Alabama is corrupting me at the dinner table.  Had fried breaded catfish, fried okra, fried green tomatoes, and turnip greens.  I was doing well until I horrified them by dousing my catfish in malt vinegar and then refusing to put sugar in my tea.

You just horrified my wife and myself also ----- traumatized for life!!!!!!

• Members

I don'tave an appetite at the moment.  Food that I used to love seems unappetising.  Saw the Dr today and I have to have a camera down to my stomach which I am not looking forward to.  I did spaghetti bolognese todat as a friend was coming and he likes my spaghetti bolognese, but then I found out that he is a vegetarian,  I always make it vegetarian for my wife, but then add the meat for me, so I hsad more meat today.

• Administrators

My wife and I grill all year. But grilling here in summer is an unpleasant task, it has been 108 degrees for almost a week. I think your temps are much better being farther north and near the ocean.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

My wife and I grill all year. But grilling here in summer is an unpleasant task, it has been 108 degrees for almost a week. I think your temps are much better being farther north and near the ocean.

Yes, it is a bit cooler here. It was over 90 yesterday, which for this area is very hot. No air conditioning...but today it was a bit cooler.  It doesn't get as cold here in winter as in IN, but it does get too cold to comfortably grill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sorry about your cold HC. Summer colds are the worst because that is always when all the good stuff goes on that you miss. I'm batching it tonight but have every intention of grilling burgers for myself.

The deer here, so close to the river are amazing. They walk right by me within a few feet while I am grilling, take a quick look and move on for more apples. My presence doesn't bother them one bit.