• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

LOL - yes, Taco Bell is fake Mexican (I don't think it's even Tex-Mex, which is closer to the real thing).

I just had the pintos and cheese and my hubs had the $5 box which had a taco and I think a chalupa. (I don't eat any of their stuff that has meat in it anymore, and haven't for years...something in their meat really makes me sick)

I'm sorry you don't like Mexican food, Jim. It's delicious, IMO. We really miss the Mexican restaurant we used to go to in Indiana. Haven't found one that's even close to that restaurant's goodness here, but there is one we kind of like.

We are having our first missionary come to the church on July 1 - friends of ours who are missionaries to Mexico. It happens that is our potluck day. And guess what we'll be having. Yep - Mexican. It'll be homemade. And tasty. You're welcome to come visit us that day, @Jim_Alaska?

• Members
23 hours ago, Invicta said:
20 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

I've never had that.

We had Taco Bell today.

I did chicken tikka masala with rice today.

It is a mild curry,  I got the sauce from a jar.  

I had the same today, still some left in the jar which I will probably use on Monday.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

We are having our first missionary come to the church on July 1 - friends of ours who are missionaries to Mexico. It happens that is our potluck day. And guess what we'll be having. Yep - Mexican. It'll be homemade. And tasty. You're welcome to come visit us that day, @Jim_Alaska?

Thank you for the invite HC. I would love to visit and fellowship some day. But the Mexican food O could do without. lol

I always thought that it was traditional to serve visiting Baptist preachers Chicken. After all baptists are renowned chicken eaters.   :laugh:

• Administrators
On 5/19/2018 at 8:33 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Thank you for the invite HC. I would love to visit and fellowship some day. But the Mexican food O could do without. lol

I always thought that it was traditional to serve visiting Baptist preachers Chicken. After all baptists are renowned chicken eaters.   :laugh:

Never fear - I'm fixing chicken enchiladas! ?

• Administrators

My hubs had an extra client this evening. He doesn't usually work in the evening, but this client requested him for both tonight and tomorrow evening. So that meant when he got off at 5 o'clock he would be staying in town until time to get to the client at 6:30. My mother and I had talked about going out to lunch today, but decided to meet my hubs for supper, if he were so inclined. He was and we did. Had an enjoyable dinner, got to spend some time with my hubs (and he didn't have to just wait for the time to pass), and brought home leftovers - fish and chips.