• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
On 4/12/2018 at 7:13 PM, Salyan said:

Made myself homemade Yorkshire puddings the other day. No meat, no gravy - just the puddings.  Mmmm. Can't wait to try the real deal in York in a few weeks! 

Most people I know these days buy frozen Yorkshires.  I guess I am guilty of that as well. Shame on me.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Invicta said:

I have known people from Yorkshire who say that Yorkshires or Yorkies, are served as a separate course served with Jam (Conserve)  My wife who comes from Yorkshire, Sheffield, says she has never heard of that.  

When we were children we had Toad in the Hole, sausages in a Yorkshire Pudding.  We also had Chop Toad, Lamb chops in a Yorkshire pudding.

Toad in the Hole! We have pigs in a blanket - sausages (usually hot dogs weiners) wrapped in pastry or biscuit dough & baked.

I was really hoping to get out to meet y'all, but it looks like I'm not going to get any closer to Kent than London. :38_worried: Maybe next time!

6 hours ago, Invicta said:

Most people I know these days buy frozen Yorkshires.  I guess I am guilty of that as well. Shame on me.

They are ridiculously easy. And so tasty!

• Members
8 hours ago, Salyan said:

Toad in the Hole! We have pigs in a blanket - sausages (usually hot dogs weiners) wrapped in pastry or biscuit dough & baked.

I was really hoping to get out to meet y'all, but it looks like I'm not going to get any closer to Kent than London. :38_worried: Maybe next time!

We have pigs in blankets or piggies in blankets.  They are chipolatas or sometimes cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon, often accompanying Turkey for Christmas lunch.  

When will you be in London?  

8 hours ago, Salyan said:

They are ridiculously easy. And so tasty!

I know.  But it is easier to get some from the freezer  and pop them in the oven for four or five minutes.  I have not made them for years. I will have to make them again.   We usually serve them with roast beef, but some people serve them with any roast meal.

• Administrators

That sounds tasty.

We had a mish-mash...a little spaghetti, and some left-over chicken from last night.

Hubs tries to do different things on the fifth Sundays of the month. Tomorrow we are going to have a potluck. The theme is Italian, so we will be having spaghetti, lasagna, chicken cacciatore, and chicken alfredo fettucine, along with a couple of salads, and gelato for dessert.

Our members don't know, but we're having  a guest speaker as well (one of the three who filled the pulpit before my hubs became pastor). 

edited to clarify: we aren't having the guest speaker as part of the dinner. LOL 

• Members

Today, I got a steak out of the freezer, then decided that I couldn't stand up to cook it so I put it back and did a selection of roasted vegetables,   Parsnip, carrot, fennel, celeriac (celery root) red onion, courgette, served with steamed Jersey Royal potatoes and green beans and mushrooms for my wife.  (She feels deprived if she doesn't have mushrooms every day)