• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

HC, I found a new use for garlic sourdough break quite by accident. My late wife loved a certain brand of garlic sourdough that comes in a round loaf. I usually like plain old white bread. But this one morning I had a real  desire for french toast, but had no white  bread of my own.

I decided to use my wife's garlic sourdough. I had no idea how it would turn out. I have to say that it was absolutely wonderful, as strange as it sounds. Give it a try, you might like it.  :5_smiley:

• Members
17 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

How did your sourdough turn out? I like sourdough bread - as long as it's not too sour. My mom likes a particular brand that is really tasty.

I made meatloaf Wednesday night, so we had that then and leftovers last night. Tonight it will be something with ground beef, I just don't know what yet.

Not too good.  I made it to the recipe but it was a very sticky dough and I found it hard to knead.  It tasted alright but I overcooked it,  Went to sleep and didn't hear the timer.  I still have the culture so will try another recipe next week.

Yesterday I had hot dog with grilled tomatoes.    Today I will have Cheese and Chive Hamburgers with Baked Potato (Jacket Potato over here) with Julienne vegetables.   

I was just wondering.  Considering how hard it is to make sour dough if you have not been shown, How did the ancients discover it, or did God show Adam?

• Administrators

With this being the first Sunday of the month, we had our potluck. Since it's Easter, we had ham and turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, veggies, salad, and of course dessert - lemon cake and pumpkin pie. 

On the first Sundays, we have an afternoon service rather than an evening one. So one of our members invited a group of us (well, the whole church, but only a few went) to their house for dinner this evening. Ham and lamb were on the menu.

• Administrators

Tonight we had strip steak, baked potatoes, carrots, and green bean casserole, plus a bit of salad. With pumpkin pie for dessert. Wow - that's a lot of food (I only had the carrots, green beans, and some cucumber...AND pumpkin pie - with whipped topping :1_grinning: )!

• Members

Today, for lunch,  I did Salmon for lunch with baked potato, roast carrot, red onion, and Fennel. 

For supper I did a frozen puff pastry sheet with a sort of ratatouille with black Greek style olives on top. Very tasty.

• Members
On 4/12/2018 at 7:13 PM, Salyan said:

Made myself homemade Yorkshire puddings the other day. No meat, no gravy - just the puddings.  Mmmm. Can't wait to try the real deal in York in a few weeks! 

I have known people from Yorkshire who say that Yorkshires or Yorkies, are served as a separate course served with Jam (Conserve)  My wife who comes from Yorkshire, Sheffield, says she has never heard of that.  

When we were children we had Toad in the Hole, sausages in a Yorkshire Pudding.  We also had Chop Toad, Lamb chops in a Yorkshire pudding.

I am doing roast chicken tonight. I intended to have it at lunch time but it didn't defrost in time.  I will probably just have it with bread and butter. I had the roast veggies at lunch time.  Potatoes, carrot, parsnip, celeriiac, onion. courgette.  All sprinkled with herbes de Provence, powdered garlic and a little olive oil.  The flavours all mingle and we find it quite delicious.  Served with steamed green beans. I did fennel with the roast vegetables for the last week but my wife said she hadn't noticed, then yesterday she noticed it as there was some green on it, and said she didn't like it.  I like to do a good selection of vegetables  for us to get a selection of vitamins.