• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, Invicta said:

as we are hopping across the channel to France tomorrow for a couple of days to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary on Friday. 

Congratulations on your 50th. Wedding Anniversary!

The Lord has blessed both of you.

Alan

• Members
8 hours ago, Alan said:

Congratulations on your 50th. Wedding Anniversary!

The Lord has blessed both of you.

Alan

Thanks Alan.  

We had two beautiful daughters and 6 grandchildren. We had a number of foster children but only two we keep in touch with.  Dan in Nevada said he was hoping to come for the celebration, but in the end didn't make it, but Graham the other did.  He came to us when he was 14 and could only read three letter words. He sent us a card saying "Thank you for being the best parents a young man could have."  At the meal a number of grandchildren gave memories which we had long forgotten.  Graham said he came to us as an angry young man and we taught him to read mainly through Asterix books. We had had him for odd days and once for a week to see how we got on, but when we were supposed to have him regularly we were on holiday in France and Social Services flew him out to Dijon airport.  He recalled that.  We met him at Dijon International Airport.  We decided to arrive early so we could make sure we could park.  "Dijon International Airport. " is a bit of an ambitious title.  The reception was about the size of a small railway station waiting room.  The car park was a fraction of the size of that at our railway station.  In August when we were there the airport had only two return flights a week, one to Stansted and one to Marseilles.

Today I had a light supper, French Bread with Camembert  cheese and French smoked garlic sausage,

• Members
On 15/03/2018 at 6:41 AM, Marilyn C said:

You certainly all know how to cook a good meal!

Here in sunny, (hot) Aussie land we, (hubby and I) are having for tea, (evening meal) trout - caught by hubby on fishing trip, and chips, which I will make from potatoes. I do like sweet potato chips also.

regards, Marilyn.

Here in England we call our evening meal 'tea' but I used supper on here as that is the title of the thread.             

Tonight I had the same as yesterday.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

• Members
Just now, Invicta said:

Here in England we call our evening meal 'tea' but I used supper on here as that is the title of the thread.             

Tonight I had the same as yesterday.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Hi Invicta,

I wonder why we call it `tea,` when that is a drink, most popular with you Brits, ay? Here in OZ we`re succumbed to `coffee.`

Marilyn.

• Members
Just now, Marilyn C said:

Hi Invicta,

I wonder why we call it `tea,` when that is a drink, most popular with you Brits, ay? Here in OZ we`re succumbed to `coffee.`

Marilyn.

I drink more coffee than tea.  But we don't like instant coffee,  We only buy pure arabica,  which we buy when we go to France.  It is own brand from Auchan hypermarket (hypermarché)  They do two versions douce which is the milder and degustation with is stronger.  We buy the degustation both for home and for church which we do after the morning service.  One person who has been attending our service recently asked us to get him some as he doesn't usually like coffee but he likes ours.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Hi Invicta,

I wonder why we call it `tea,`

I understand it was from the past when they high tea and low tea.  They were meals which tea was also served.  Not sure what the difference is.  I did look it up once but have forgotten now.

• Administrators

We met up with a young man whom we've known since birth (in Indiana). He lives here in the state now, and this is the second time we've been able to get together. He lives about 3 hours away, but he's just over an hour away this week doing some training for the job he has lined up when he is mustered out of the army next month.

He came to Sequim, and we met at the Black Bear Diner. Good food. My hubs had pot roast and I had chicken. I pretty much filled up with my salad and onion rings, so hub is munching on my leftover chicken right now.

The food was good and spending some time with Joe was great.

• Members
19 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

He came to Sequim, and we met at the Black Bear Diner. Good food. My hubs had pot roast and I had chicken. I pretty much filled up with my salad and onion rings, so hub is munhcing on my leftover chicken right now.

When my wife was on a course in Paris.  Someone offered her some more food, and she declined saying she was full (in French)  Thy reacted with shock telling her she shouldn't say that as it means she is pregnant.

Today I had salmon with baked potato, carrots parsnips and extra fine green beans (they come from Guatemala. a long way to bring them.)

• Members

Our seniors lunch today/ We had roast chicken breast, roast potatoes and green beans with Lemon Meringue Pie and Ice Cream for dessert.

We had home made vegetable soup this evening with homemade bread.

• Members
29 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

We enjoyed pizza for supper tonight. Papa Murphy's - for those who don't know, it's a take and bake pizza place that has a lot of good combinations. We had the cowboy pizza - double pepperoni, onions, peppers, olives, cheese. Really tasty.

I ate pickles...