• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Invicta said:

I have often wondered what  potluck is in your posts,  LuAnne,   Can I ask now?

As OFP said, it's a carry-in. Lots of folks don't like the usage of the word "luck" in there, but it simply means you get whatever is in the pot.  We sometimes do themed dinners, which is not normally a "potluck." But it's easier just to call it that.

• Members
3 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

As OFP said, it's a carry-in. Lots of folks don't like the usage of the word "luck" in there, but it simply means you get whatever is in the pot.  We sometimes do themed dinners, which is not normally a "potluck." But it's easier just to call it that.

Yes as OFP said we call that Bring And Share, but one pastor we had called it and American Supper. I wouldn't be happy if our church used the word Luck.

We had our first senior's lunch of the year.  Roast pork and vegetables, Apple and cherry crumble and custard,  Quite a number missing due to the flu sweeping the country.  One lady aged 90 just arrived and collapsed and cut her head badly, we called the ambulance and she was taken to hospital.

• Members
4 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

I hope the lady who cut her head is doing alright, @Invicta.

Yes she is still staying with two of our members.  

I understand she is probably fit to return home.  We don't know why she fell, she was standing next to my wife who was booking everyone in and  she just fell but my wife didn't actually see her fall. Possibly blood pressure?

I did a vegetable soup last night, as we had a large lunch.

• Members

Yesterday, the lady came to our lunch.  She said she felt well, but looked awful.  Our members are trying to get her some care so she can return home, but they have not been successful so far.

I did risotto today.  We haven't had that for a while.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
On 16/01/2018 at 7:41 AM, Invicta said:

Yes she is still staying with two of our members.  

I understand she is probably fit to return home.  We don't know why she fell, she was standing next to my wife who was booking everyone in and  she just fell but my wife didn't actually see her fall. Possibly blood pressure?

I did a vegetable soup last night, as we had a large lunch.

The lady went back home on Friday,  she is somewhat confused, but that is all I know.

I did roast chicken breast with sage and onion stuffing and steamed veggies today.

Edited by Invicta

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I had Sardine salad this evening. 

I can't imagine a sardine salad. I love sardines, but don't think I would like a salad made out of them.

When I was a kid in school my mother used to mash up sardines like you make a tuna fish sandwich and make sandwiches out of them. None of the kids would sit near me because of the smell.