• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

Having been born in a fishing community I like fish just about any way it is cooked......the operative word here is "cooked".

Sushi will never touch these lips.

The pic of the salmon in 2B's post is great. That is just the right size for baking on an outdoor grill. I ate so much salmon while living in Alaska that I don't much care for it any more, except grilled on the barby.

My first pastor's wife had a great recipe for baked Halibut. She used Ritz crackers crumbled as a breading and baked. She served it with a special homemade honey type sauce. Halibut is king anyway, but cooked this way it was superb. It is easy to overcook seafood. I was impressed at the small amount of time it took to cook this Halibut, but then it was not a whole side of fish, it was cut to about the size of large fish sticks.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

That sounds delicious!

Tonight we're having chicken stir fry.  Yes, we are frying the veggies. The chicken was grilled. Heheh

I often do a shrimp stir fry, my own recipe. But stir fry is not really fried food in the sense that it is not breaded and fried like chicken. Mine consists of shrimp, various vegetables, and several seasonings. It's disgustingly healthy, not to mention great tasting. Even someone from Roseburg, Oregon might like it.  :clap:   :clap::clap:

• Members
14 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I often do a shrimp stir fry, my own recipe. But stir fry is not really fried food in the sense that it is not breaded and fried like chicken. Mine consists of shrimp, various vegetables, and several seasonings. It's disgustingly healthy, not to mention great tasting. Even someone from Roseburg, Oregon might like it.  :clap:   :clap::clap:

Where are you in Northern California?  I have to fly down to Long Beach CA and pick up my Fiance's car from port that she is shipping from Hawaii and then drive it home to Roseburg on June 15th which is a Wednesday.  I don't think I can make it home by my churches Wednesday evening service.  Care for a visitor?

Bro. Garry

• Administrators

Bro. Gary. I am in a place called Yreka, it's 20 miles south of the Oregon border. Actually I don't live in Yreka, it's just the closest Independent Baptist church within 100 miles.

I actually live in a small community called Hamburg, population 80. It's on the Klamath River.

We love visitors, especially Wednesday night, not many show up. I will list the link for our website, it has a map and directions. Wednesday evening service starts at 6:00pm. http://countrybaptistyreka.x10host.com/

• Members
12 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Bro. Gary. I am in a place called Yreka, it's 20 miles south of the Oregon border. Actually I don't live in Yreka, it's just the closest Independent Baptist church within 100 miles.

I actually live in a small community called Hamburg, population 80. It's on the Klamath River.

We love visitors, especially Wednesday night, not many show up. I will list the link for our website, it has a map and directions. Wednesday evening service starts at 6:00pm. http://countrybaptistyreka.x10host.com/

Rats.  I won't be picking up the vehicle until about 10 am and you are a 9 hr 45 min drive IF I have zero traffic delays in Los Angeles.  Nice to see though that you are only 2 hours from where I live.  I am in that area often to visit a friend in Ashland who goes to Southern Oregon University and I also love going to the Redwood Forests.  May drop in someday!  

• Administrators

Yes Bro. gary, I am only a bit over two hours from Roseburg. I like the Umpqua also, but for different reasons than you stated in your fish post. The Umpqua is a good place for underwater gold mining also, it's called suction dredge mining. I have only been there for that a couple of times, but I have a lot of friends that spend their summers there.

Please feel free to visit any time you are able and let me know when you might be coming so I cna at least meet with you.

• Members
On 5/25/2016 at 3:07 AM, 2bLikeJesus said:

I suppose if I am going to show a Salmon picture if I am having fish, it's only fair....

Black%20Angus%20Cow_zpsv1jphts5.jpg

Black Angus steaks tonight!  

I bought an American Black Angus Steak in Tesco once, very nice but they don't seem to do it anymore.