• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

Hmmm - well, you could use onion soup mix with enough water to moisten (about half of what it calls for). Add apple slices. And let it cook in a crockpot for hours.  It'll melt in your mouth...making me hungry to think about it!

Tonight we are going to dine at the church's snack shop (special is chicken wings, which my hubby will love) before watching the movie "A Time to Speak."  I'll prOBably have chicken strips and fries.

• Administrators

Bro. Gary,  it is almost heresy to change the flavor of pork in any way. Just bake dry it until golden brown. Make gravy out of the drippings.  Next step is to invite me!!!!

The real reason that Muslims won't eat pork is because it is soooo good they figure it has to be a sin.  :)

• Members

Bro. Gary,  it is almost heresy to change the flavor of pork in any way. Just bake dry it until golden brown. Make gravy out of the drippings.  Next step is to invite me!!!!

The real reason that Muslims won't eat pork is because it is soooo good they figure it has to be a sin.  :)

I feel that way about Prime Rib.  When I go to a restaurant and see someone slather their prime rib with horseradish I want to grab their neck!  

• Members

Well, since yesterday was a 3 lbs pork loin roast and I am a bachelor without the grandkids this weekend, dinner will be leftovers tonight and also tomorrow.  Going to the u-pick farm though and getting some nice fall squash, either table queen (acorn) or butternut.  I love both and will pick the best.  Then the green beans are still producing like mad in my garden so I will cook up some fresh ones.

Searching through restaurant coupons.  I am a horrible cook, I think I could find a way to burn a tossed salad.  Looks like there is a promotion at Olive Garden in Pullman, WA.  

• Members

I too have been a bachelor now for 19 years but I was married twice before.  Before I taught myself to cook (and attended various classes), I used to eat strictly from the "bachelors four basic food groups".  Dine-in, Take-out, Catered, and Microwaved.  If it didn't fall into one of those food groups, I didn't eat.   :bleh:

• Members

Please help me out with what to do with this 3 lbs Pork Loin Roast.   I am seeking something new to do with it...Please post your favorite Pork Roast recipes to help me decide!  

I don't know, I don't like pork.  I would freeze it and give it to the cat, but she doesn't like pork either.  She does like a nice bit of beef or lamb, thaough, but prefers the grasvy