• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Ewwwww...to anything from McDonalds.  I would rather have HC's fried abominations.   :vomit:

I have been a bachelor now for over 20 years and before I learned how to cook, (some training professionally, some by mom, some by trial and error), I would only eat from the "Four Basic Food Groups" for a bachelor.  Those food groups are:  Dine-in, Take-out, Catered, and Microwaved.  If it didn't fit one of those food groups, I didn't eat.  Now, I have to be really really desperate and ready to sell my birthright before I will eat fast food.  

Edited by 2bLikeJesus

• Members

Ewwwww...to anything from McDonalds.  I would rather have HC's fried abominations.   :vomit:

I have been a bachelor now for over 20 years and before I learned how to cook, (some training professionally, some by mom, some by trial and error), I would only eat from the "Four Basic Food Groups" for a bachelor.  Those food groups are:  Dine-in, Take-out, Catered, and Microwaved.  If it didn't fit one of those food groups, I didn't eat.  Now, I have to be really really desperate and ready to sell my birthright before I will eat fast food.  

Have you tried deep fried Mars Bars?

• Members

You want a good chinese food recipe?

Sweet & Sour Chicken

Breading Breasts
3 chicken breast filets
1 cup corn starch
2 eggs , lightly beaten
1/3 cup canola oil
salt and pepper, for dredging

Sauce
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs catsup
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt

Chicken Breading

1. Rinse chicken, trim off fat, then cut in 1 inch pieces.  Salt & pepper and dip into corn starch and then egg.  Heat oil in large skillet.  Cook chicken until browned.

Sauce

1. Put all ingredients into bowl and whisk until smooth.  Pour over chicken in 9" by 13" baking pan and make sure both sides of chicken are coated.  Place in oven and bake for 60 minutes turning chicken pieces every 15 minutes.

Cooking Time: 1 hour

Oven Temperature: 350°F

I serve this over rice or along with my chow mein stuff.