• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Tonight will be better than last night, because for some reason, leftover spaghetti the next day is always better than when it was freshly made.

This is so true of lasagna that I always make it the day before and leave it in the refrigerator for  24 hours before serving.

• Administrators

Ha!  Cabbage is a versatile veggie.  Cabbage rolls (I'm assuming your stuffed cabbage would be the same thing).  Bubble and Squeak. Cole Slaw. AND fried cabbage (sometimes with bacon/onions).  Sauerkraut.  Versatility, a wonderful thing.

Don't knock it til you've tried it.  :biggrin:  Funnily enough, when I called my mom I found out that she was frying cabbage, too.  :hungry:

• Administrators

I was worried I might catch it. 

Don't worry, if you're lucky you will.  :nuts:  Just FYI - I don't like all things fried.  But fried potatoes are good. Fried hot dogs when a grill isn't handy] are good. Fried cabbage is good, too. As your taste buds mature, you'll learn this, oh grasshopper. Bwahahahahaha....

• Members

The only time I have had fried cabbage is in a Chinese, and they call it Crispy Seaweed.  I can't think why.

Today I did vegetable soup made from leftovers from our seniors lunch with extra vegetables from our freezer, with Crème fraîche, served with wholewheat bread.