• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

We are staying in a small budget hotel. It doesn't have a restaurant bu it does have a microwave in the breakfast room. So we went to the local Aldi Marche yesterday and bought a can of ratatouille, and warmed it in the micro, and ate it with French bread with cheese later. We ran out of bread so I asked my wife to ask the receptionist if there was bakers shop open, I knew there wouldn't be as it was Sunday afternoon, but thought they may have some left over from breakfast. Sure enough, about 5 minutes later, she arrived with half a baguette and gave it to us?

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Our microwave died yesterday.

We had a neighborhood cat that adopted us many years ago. She was a serious mouse catcher and a good bird hunter as well. She always ate the mice she caught. There was one habit she had which my wife wasn't fond of. Each fall she would got to the neighbors yard across the street and catch shrews. She would kill them, but never eat them, and bring them over to our front porch and deposit them near the door and when my wife would go out she would sit next to the dead shrew and look at my wife as if to say, "look what I did for you".

• Members

are you a good cook? what is lemon sorbet

A non-dairy frozen dessert. Extremely simple and easy to make.  Here is recipe.

• 2T lemon zest  (diced lemon peel)

• 1 cup water

• 1/2 cup sugar

• 1/2 cup lemon juice

• 1/2 cup lime carbonated water

• 6 strips of lemon zest, for garnish

Directions
  1. In a saucepan, stir together the diced lemon peel, 1 cup of water and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool.
  2. In a pitcher or bowl, stir together the lemon syrup with peel, lemon juice and lime carbonatedl water. Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Garnish each serving with a twist of lemon peel.
  3. If you do not have an ice cream maker, you may freeze it in a tall canister. Freeze for 1 1/2 hours. Remove and stir with a whisk. Return to the freezer and stir about once every hour for about 4 hours. The more times you stir, the more air will be incorporated, resulting in a lighter finished 

Edited by 2bLikeJesus