• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

Hey grandpa...what's fer supper?

Sauteed chicken

Fryin' in the pan

Just a li'l pepper

Shook from a can

Sliced up purdy

A work of art

And corn on the cOB

Fresh from Walmart

yuuuum yuuuuum

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

Did you make the chow chow, candle?  My dad loved the stuff. 

Actually, my MIL sent a homemade jar over last night, HC.  Joe loves it, too.  I haven't ventured down that route, yet.  If you need the recipe, I can get it for you, though. 

• Administrators

My mom makes it a lot.  Or at least, she did when my dad was alive.  She learned how when she lived in WV.  :biggrin:

I wouldn't mind the recipe!  There are a number of ways to make it.  I know my hubby likes it, but I've never made it.

• Members

My mom makes it a lot.  Or at least, she did when my dad was alive.  She learned how when she lived in WV.  :biggrin:

I wouldn't mind the recipe!  There are a number of ways to make it.  I know my hubby likes it, but I've never made it.

My FIL's mother taught her how to make it.  She was originally from PA.  It seems like PA and WV have a lot in common.  :)

I will ask her for her recipe tonight after church.  She usually just rattles things off the top of her head.  However, I will ask her to write it down.  I should learn how to make it, as well.

• Members

NO MORE HOMEWORK, NO MORE BOOKS, NO MORE TEACHERS DIRTY LOOKS!  I just finished the last of my finals and its summer break!  In honor of the kid in me that still gets excited about summer break from school, I will be having a kids meal of Corndogs and Tater Tots tonight with a 7-11 Slurpee to drink with it.