• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Administrators

We had that last night! Hard shell and soft shell.

I had planned on doing that last night, but my hubby just wanted something that was quick. Hence, pizza.  Tonight we will have hard shell.  I got those shells that have flat bases so they'll stand up.  Love homemade tacos (ha! we just love tacos!).

• Members

Mmmm.  Tacos and burritos are one of my favorites.  Love the homemade ones, too!

Last Night's Supper:  Chinese.  General Tso's Chicken, with fried rice and egg rolls.

Tonight's Supper:  Church tonight.  Home cooking at an inexpensive family restaurant.  I usually get fish.  Otherwise we will have Wendy's or eat at the Hungarian kitchen.  I leave these decisions up to my hubby.

An easy week for me.  Hardly any cooking.  It happens from time to time.  :)  

• Members

Turned my 3 day Memorial Day weekend into a 4 day weekend by working some extra yesterday and this morning.  Now I am heading into the mountains to commune with God and his awesomecreation, so tonight will be campfire food; hotdogs, brauts, beans, baked potatoes in the fire coals.  Of course smores for dessert.  I will of course be bringing some sauerkraut, because having hotdogs and brauts without sauerkraut would be sacrilege.

Bro. Garry

Edited by 2bLikeJesus

• Members

Wild Turkey harvested just this week during the spring turkey season, and wild onions, with lambs quarters (kind of a wild spinach).  By the way, wild turkey doesn't taste anything like the butterball you get from the store. 

A small trivia note about wild turkey's.  Did you know that Benjamin Franklin campaigned hard for the wild turkey to be the official U.S. Bird instead of the Bald Eagle?  He was defeated by only 3 votes!  

• Members

Wild Turkey harvested just this week during the spring turkey season, and wild onions, with lambs quarters (kind of a wild spinach).  By the way, wild turkey doesn't taste anything like the butterball you get from the store. 

A small trivia note about wild turkey's.  Did you know that Benjamin Franklin campaigned hard for the wild turkey to be the official U.S. Bird instead of the Bald Eagle?  He was defeated by only 3 votes!  

Sounds delish, Brother Garry.  

Yes, I knew that piece of trivia.  I am glad he lost the vote.  :)

Last Night's Supper:  Succotash  and salad.

Today's Supper:  Church luncheon fellowship.  The theme for the luncheon is "Potluck."  I am bringing potatoes.

• Members

Did you cook the potatoes first, Candlelight?  :biggrin:

I'm having stir-fry made with random vegetables I had lying around in the fridge (leftover rice/dumpling mixture, eggplant, snow peas, cabbage, radish, and I added scrambled eggs). It's time to go shopping again.  :bawling: