• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Members

We do have a printer.

We applied for food stamps a few years back. They said we were eligible. When we went to get them, it was only ten dollars worth. We left without them.

Other people were driving up in new cars and getting food stamps. Probably more than we were offered.

When we had our food stamps the car we had to purchase in a emergancy in 06 was put in my FIL name maybe some people does the same thing, its easy to judge if they have new cars, maybe they had a job a month prior too getting food stamps but yo u don't know the issues they are having.  I think having a nice car or somewhat nice home is not an indicator being rich they are just struggling. My sister lived in a two story expensive house three car garage and she was put on food stamps for awhile due to falling behind in payments and stuff , things happen its really confusing at times when these things happen...

I don't like food stamps because when we were first on them back in 2005 after moving too another state , they said that the 150 dollars for two people was just to help us not to live on. Well , we increased through out the years but some of the years we lived without them , when we got on them for the last time for two years from 2009-2011, we increased to whooping 336 dollars , that is over double the amount we got in 2005 and people wonders why our country is the way it is. 

Anyhow I don't wanna hijack this thread for food stamps and welfare, I just annoyed at the system ...

• Members

I understand the annoyance completely. 

With both of us on disability, unable to work, you would think more would be offered than $10.00 worth of food stamps.  That would only buy a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk, and a couple packages of Ramen at most.

Certainly not enough to live on for a month.  But that is the most they said we were eligible for.

• Members

I understand the annoyance completely. 

With both of us on disability, unable to work, you would think more would be offered than $10.00 worth of food stamps.  That would only buy a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk, and a couple packages of Ramen at most.

Certainly not enough to live on for a month.  But that is the most they said we were eligible for.

we were living on my check and my husband was fighting for disablity and when he got on it, they stopped it, with food pantries and two churches to eat at and I use budget meals we are doing ok.  We are not big eaters anyhow.

• Members

This evening I did left over roast potatoes from our seniors lunch. pepped up with olive oil, powdered garlic S&P and sprinkling of herbes de Provence, and re-baked for 20 mins or so, with Omelette with tomatos and welsh onions, smoked lardons and cheese.