• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Moderators

The only hot dogs I like are Hebrew National or Nathans kosher hot dogs.  I also like Johnsonville Brats (when I can afford to buy them).  Never ate Kielbasa.

Commonly referred to as Polish Sausage (but you probably know that).

• Members

Healthy food costs too much.

I agree, which is why we use all the coupons we can.  At present we have four coupons from Macdonalds but we won''t be using them as they are the leading purveyors of junk food, and I believe they support sodomites.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Deep fried perch and pickerel....with french fries of course.  I realize deep frying isn't the healthiest method of cooking fish but it is sure the tastiest!  We consume a lot of wild game and fish and most of our meat has not been injected with any hormones or chemicals to speed their growth.  We are a hunting family and catch most of what we consume.  :)

• Administrators

We had hamburgers (with fresh 'maters - num!), hot dogs, potato salad, and corn on the cob yesterday.  That's typical picnic fare on days like Labor Day.  

SFIC - did you know you can get instant grits?  My first experience with them (instant) was when I was in college in FL many, many moons ago...I was feeding a little girl at my day care job.  She loved them so much, she rubbed them all over herself.  sigh.  Took me quite a long time to get her cleaned up.  They just stick to EVERYTHING.  Little tiny balls of ick all over the place!  Linda, you're right, Cream of Wheat is a completely different texture (and flavor, to me).  I do like CoW very much.  But I don't think there is anything that can be done to grits to make me like them.  

• Members

Today, while we were doing our monthly shopping at Walmart, I found some ground chicken.  So we bought a roll of it and I'm going to try that with some "Chicken Helper" tomorrow.  From the directions on the box, it looks like I'm going to have to do a lot of improvising.

I agree LuAnne, there is nothing that can be done to grits to make me like them.  I told Ron that he can buy Instant grits....but he has to fix them.

Has anyone tried this new spread (not sure how new it is) called "Nutella"?  We bought a jar of it today and it's pretty good.  Can't get that too often, it's pretty pricey.

Edited by LindaR

• Administrators

Today, while we were doing our monthly shopping at Walmart, I found some ground chicken.  So we bought a roll of it and I'm going to try that with some "Chicken Helper" tomorrow.  From the directions on the box, it looks like I'm going to have to do a lot of improvising.  We use the Helper stuff pretty often (maybe four times a month...or more) because we can usually find a good sale on them.  But I find that adding a bit here and there really makes it much better!

I agree LuAnne, there is nothing that can be done to grits to make me like them.  I told Ron that he can buy Instant grits....but he has to fix them. Sounds like our house.   :clapping: 

Has anyone tried this new spread (not sure how new it is) called "Nutella"?  We bought a jar of it today and it's pretty good.  Can't get that too often, it's pretty pricey. I'm not too fond of hazelnut, so I don't care for Nutella.  Surprisingly, even my hubby doesn't much like it.  I though he would, because he will eat just about anything (such a pleasure to cook for!), but no.  And, yes, it's pretty pricey here, too.

Made a taco pizza for hubby dear last night, but I was kinda feeling punkish so I had toast. It was good - cinnamon raisin. Num!