• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Moderators

Cereal? I hope you are referring to grits -- surely not the sugar coated pencil shavings in a box that is no more food than sugared air (cotton candy) is.

:D

Unfortunately, no. I was referring to the granola, bran flakes and dried fruit mixture in a box - with real milk! That stuff's getting far too expensive these days. I scored a couple days ago with finding a 2L for $.79 plus deposit.   :smug:

• Moderators

I live in the south and I can't stand grits.....but I love oatmeal. 

We had hamburger helper made with ground turkey for dinner tonight.

I don't like grits, either!   :frog:

Tonight I'm thinking pancakes. Maybe some turkey bacon for my hubby (I don't like it, but he does).

Sounds like not enough butter, cheese, salt and black pepper in the grits.

• Members

Sounds like not enough butter, cheese, salt and black pepper in the grits.

I believe that one has to "acquire" a taste or liking for grits....and after 13 years of living in the deep south, I haven't "acquired" that taste or liking for grits.  At the age of 70, I'm not looking for that to happen anytime soon....and I'll probably die before I acquire it...LOL :yawn:

• Members

Baked tomato, red onion and red pepper with petit pains, smoked garlic sausage and Camembert.

I have no idea what grits are, sounds like something I get in my shoe when I am gardening.

• Members

Baked tomato, red onion and red pepper with petit pains, smoked garlic sausage and Camembert.

I have no idea what grits are, sounds like something I get in my shoe when I am gardening.

From Wikipedia:

Grits

Grits are very popular in the Southern United States.

• Members

Grits are kind of like Cream of Wheat, except grits are made from corn, not wheat.

We just had leftover hamburger helper (Cheeseburger macaroni).  I doctored it up with frozen veggies and a can of diced tomatoes.

Edited by LindaR

• Members

Grits are kind of like Cream of Wheat, except grits are made from corn, not wheat.

We just had leftover hamburger helper (Cheeseburger macaroni).  I doctored it up with frozen veggies and a can of diced tomatoes.

I like Cream of Wheat, so I may like grits then!!  Cheeseburger macaroni with frozen veggies and diced tomatoes sound pretty tasty too!!  :)

• Members

I like Cream of Wheat, so I may like grits then!!  Cheeseburger macaroni with frozen veggies and diced tomatoes sound pretty tasty too!!   :)

Grits have a totally different texture than Cream of Wheat and that is probably why I just can't "get into" the grits scene here in the south.

Yes, that cheeseburger macaroni with the frozen veggies and diced tomatoes was really yummy...but unfortunately, all good things must come to an end..... :(...it's all gone.  We need to wait until the 3rd of next month (Tuesday) to do our monthly grocery shopping.