• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Whats for Supper...

• Moderators

Buttered asparagus and French bread.

I had white and also green aspraragus. We do not see the white here in England. Our Gernam friend says they don't have the green there.

I never heard of white asparagus!

• Members

I never heard of white asparagus!

I have never seen it here in England. It is quite common in Europe. We were in France last week, so I bought some to try it. I was not impressed with it. You have to peel it right to the tip, and even then it was somewhat stringy.

Many German cities hold an annual Spargelfest (asparagus festival) celebrating the harvest of white asparagus. Schwetzingen claims to be the "Asparagus Capital of the World" and during its festival an Asparagus Queen is crowned. The Bavarian city of Nuremberg feasts a week long in April, with a competition to find the fastest asparagus peeler in the region. This usually involves generous amounts of the local wines and beer being consumed to aid the spectators' appreciative support. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asparagus[
]

Green Giant produce cans of both green and white asparagus on the continent..

http://homecooking.about.com/od/cookingfaqs/f/faqwhiteaspar.htm

• Members

Pizza and salad, or more acurately ½ a pizza and salad. I got a thin and crispy Margherita pizza from the freezer and added spinach and goats cheese to my wife's ½ and bacon to my ½. Then to all of it I added tomato, red onion and red pepper, dried oregano, the pizza herb, and sprinkled with olive oil.